PDA

View Full Version : Extra Charge For Under 3

jwildflower1981
01-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Another theard got me thinking about this. I always here that at Family Style places they wil bring out maybe some chicken nuggets or mac in cheese for a child who doent eat whats being served. Do they charge you extra if your child is under 3? We will be eating at the Garden Grill and Ohana for our FS meals. I think she'll be ok at GG, but Ohana I'm not to sure about.

green ranger
01-16-2010, 10:27 AM
From our own personal experiences, we were never charged extra for our children under 3.

TheRustyScupper
01-16-2010, 12:56 PM
1) At all-you-can eat
. . . under-3 have no charges
. . . they "eat off your plate"
. . . but, with all-you-can-eat, you could always refill
. . . so, it is easier to just give them a plate
. . . then they can eat/drink anything
. . . solves a lot of problems this way

2) At ala-carte
. . . under-3 eat anything off your plate for free
. . . for anything they order, they are can be charged
. . . up to the waiter/waitress if they actually charge

angyl15
01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
When i was there in september with my DS (just 1) I usually ordered him a bowl of chicken noodle soup at ala carte restaurants, as well as a glass of milk and I was never charged. I was prepared to pay for it at every meal though, never good to have expectations.

Joannelet
01-19-2010, 12:02 PM
We ate at garden grill in December with my newly turned 1 year old :) He still wasn't interested in chicken nuggets/mac n cheese just yet but they brought it out anyways. I did give him some mac n cheese and i was wondering if we would be charged for it too but they didnt.

mudpuppysmom
01-20-2010, 07:33 PM
DS2 has multiple allergies and when we went in October I was fully prepared to pay for his meals, because he ate!

We were typically charged the price of a regular kids meal, however a few times we were charged quite a bit more!

A side note: our son is has intolerance/allergy to meat, dairy and soy products so he's basically a vegetarian.....he can eat fruit, veggies and grains which even at some TS places proved to be challenging even when notified ahead of time. At a particular buffet I was walked thru after going over his limitations and several times I was directed to something the chef "thought" he could eat but in actuality he could not based on what the grain was cooked in (ie, meat stock).

Bottom line, be prepared to pay and if you are not charged it'll be a gift from Disney.