PDA

View Full Version : What are the top ten college football coaching jobs?

Greenlawler
01-16-2010, 12:41 AM
With all the talk of USC, Tennessee's job search, and Muschamp of Texas it led me to ask this question. What are the top ten jobs in college football?

My opinion:

1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. Ohio State
6. Tennessee
7. Notre Dame
8. Georgia
9. Florida State
10. Oklahoma
BONUS
11. Michigan
12. LSU

Ian
01-16-2010, 08:21 AM
I won't profess to be a college football expert, but I would think any list like this would have to have University of Miami on it. They've been a football powerhouse for years. I also think that, even though Jo Pa has been there for 100 years or more, if Penn State's job ever opened up it would be pretty highly coveted.

I would say:

USC
Florida
Notre Dame
Alabama
Texas
Ohio State
Tennessee
University of Miami
Penn State
Florida State

wdwfansince75
01-16-2010, 08:32 AM
A really subjective judgement...Perhaps one could just score by income, or have the coaches themselves vote....It is also time sensitive....Once, Miami would have lead the list....And FSU would have been nearer the top...
Also notice a tilt in favor of the SEC...even assuming that the USC you list is Kifflin's new job, rather than the Spurrier's domain. But it is hard to argue with most of your list. Might change the order...My first three would be USC, Texas, and Alabama......Personally, I wouldn't include TN....IMHO, Miami remains a better job, even if the incumbent hasn't done much..."The U" still holds promise...And would consider VA Tech and WVU as sleepers, along with Colorado and UCLA....

Greenlawler
01-16-2010, 12:53 PM
A really subjective judgement...Perhaps one could just score by income, or have the coaches themselves vote....It is also time sensitive....Once, Miami would have lead the list....And FSU would have been nearer the top...
Also notice a tilt in favor of the SEC...even assuming that the USC you list is Kifflin's new job, rather than the Spurrier's domain. But it is hard to argue with most of your list. Might change the order...My first three would be USC, Texas, and Alabama......Personally, I wouldn't include TN....IMHO, Miami remains a better job, even if the incumbent hasn't done much..."The U" still holds promise...And would consider VA Tech and WVU as sleepers, along with Colorado and UCLA....

of course its subjective, but it is for fun. I don't think any University is going to look to Intercot for the final word on their worth.

Furthermore I think you would be hard pressed to find even the most diehard Miami fan who would not consider Tennessee a better job.
One of the largest stadiums (full I might add), SEC>ACC, No competition in its own state. Plus last year the UT coach made $500,000 more than the "U"'s coach. Lets face it the U has not been relavent in a long time.
As far as you other sleepers....uhhh I don't think I would include any of them in the top 25 maybe UCLA just for location, Nebraska, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Texas A & M, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michagan State, and Clemson are all better jobs than those also runs IMO.
As far as my SEC bias....there is none if I had an SEC bias I would have taken it much further because I could have have. No realistic football fan can deny that the true football goldmines are in the SEC.