PDA

View Full Version : Richard Petty Experience: What do you get?

tarkin
01-15-2010, 07:11 PM
My wife is hoping to do the Richard Petty Experience Ride Along and I was wondering if anything apart from the ride is included. For example, a photo, video or memento of the experience.

Also, I see there are no reservations for this, is there usually a long wait to ride? We're going in mid-March.

faline
01-15-2010, 07:15 PM
My husband and son-in-law did the Richard Petty experiecne a few years ago. They did get pictures but they had to pay extra for that.

tarkin
01-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Of course! ;)

Do you recall the cost and size of the photo/photos?

BTW,
Thanks for responding so quick! I love this board!:thumbsup:

faline
01-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Sorry, I don't remember what they spent on photos but I do recall they weren't bargain priced!

tarkin
01-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Probably in line with Photopass prices I would think. Thanks.:mickey:

tarkin
01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Is it possible to be in the pit area with my wife for photos/video or do they whisk the driver away and you have to watch from the stands?

Patricia
01-16-2010, 06:58 PM
The stands are very close to the pit, but you will not be allowed in the pit area as far as I remember. I had to stay behind the wall and the photos were only of the participants. Of course I was with someone actually driving a car, so the ride along may be different.

For drivers there was video of the course they drove. I was able to take all of my own pictures from where I was standing and all were good enough that we chose not to buy any of the pictures they offered. Sorry, I can't recall how much they were.

I should add that there was a lot of other merchandise offered as well.. T-shirts, hats, keychains, etc.

tarkin
01-16-2010, 10:29 PM
That's good to know. I've got a really good digital and video camera so at least I should be close enough for some good shots.

BTW, love your avatar...:D

seanyred
01-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Also, I see there are no reservations for this, is there usually a long wait to ride? We're going in mid-March.

If you and your wife have Annual Passes the Ride Along is FREE until the end of March.

I'm planning on doing the ride along in March as well and I called 1-800-bepetty. And I was told to plan for about hour but it could take longer depending how busy they are. Hope this helps.

TheRustyScupper
01-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to be in the pit area with my wife for photos/video or do they whisk the driver away and you have to watch from the stands?

1) Only the rider gets into the pits.
2) Or close to the car.
3) The visitor area is very near where cars are loaded (maybe 35').

tarkin
01-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Is there onboard video during the ride that would be available for purchase? I watched a Lou Mongello video and I wasn't sure if it was something Disney did or he arranged it for his podcast.