PDA

View Full Version : April : MK closes at 7 pm on friday ?

fielin
01-15-2010, 04:54 PM
On WDW website, MK closes at 7pm the last two fridays of april.

Any idea why ?

Tick-Tock
01-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Probably Grad Night parties.

Yep, just ran a search and Grad Nights are April 23 and 24 and April 30 and May 1 at MK.

Just my luck to skip the year when they moved the party to DHS instead of MK.

fielin
01-15-2010, 05:40 PM
... and I was hoping for Princess and pirates... :(

Oh well, I'll enjoy EMH at Epcot !

BigThunderFan
01-16-2010, 09:57 AM
We were in MK for our last day in Apr 2008 on a grad night and it was the best day we have ever had at MK. The lines were non-existent and even though the park closed at 7 we still had plenty of time to see everything. If you do hoppers then that is even better. You can get a couple days worth of stuff done at MK, then hop to a later park after 7.:thumbsup:

fielin
01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Great idea !

I have friday marked as "catchup day" : nothing special planned, we'll just do whatever we haven't been able to do before.

I'll hop to MK and see how things are there ! :secret:

mickeys_princess_mom
01-16-2010, 12:29 PM
It's our "startup" day. Can't fly out till the afternoon. Hope we get in to at least tell the castle hi!

mickeys_princess_mom
01-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Just triple-checking....Am helping a friend schedule her ADR's for the same week we're going in April. Since MK closes early for Grad night these last two Fridays, Wishes will not happen these nights? I also don't see it listed for Saturday, the 24th...No Wishes then either? Am I missing something?
:thanks:

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Since MK closes early for Grad night these last two Fridays, Wishes will not happen these nights? I also don't see it listed for Saturday, the 24th...No Wishes then either? Am I missing something?

No, you aren't missing anything - Wishes will not be performed on these evenings because the parks close at 7 pm for Grad Nights. This was always our experience when they held them in May a few years back. I am kind of surprised that they changed the venue back to MK from DHS, though. From the way Disney made it sound last year, I figured they'd be having Grad Nights at DHS for years to come.

Remember, too that it's not dark yet in late April / early May when the parks close at 7. It just wouldn't make sense trying to hold Spectro & Wishes. I'm sorry you're going to miss it those evenings!

mickeys_princess_mom
01-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks very much! I appreciate it! Hadn't thought about the darkness thing at all!:mickey: