PDA

View Full Version : Universal Studios on a May weekend

gresh00
01-15-2010, 09:19 AM
We will be in Orlando May 10-15. We are planning on WDW for the first four days, then Universal for the last two. However, that puts us at Universal on a Friday and Saturday. Just wondering if anyone knew crowd levels on the weekend. Which day would be better for each park? I've heard IOA is busier on Saturday, but have also heard it can swell on Fridays in May b/c of local schools taking end of year trips there. I don't know that I'll need a whole day at the studios, but I like the studios better than IOA and don't want to have to wait all day at the studios. But, I have been to IOA when it is packed and Universal seems to not be able to handle crowds as well as WDW and we wound up leaving w/o doing much. I don't want that to happen again either. So, any advice on how I should do this? IOA on friday or Saturday in May? Studios on Friday or Saturday? I don't want to do both in one day. Thanks for your help!

Tink1
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I think a lot is going to depend on when the Wizarding World of Harry Potter opens or goes into a soft opening.

I would guess if Potter is open, Saturday will be busier with locals at IOA

Nanc

Pirate Granny
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I agree with Nancy...when Harry opens it's going to be a zoo...I would stay far away on the weekends...especially since it'll be fairly new in May...
:pirate: