PDA

View Full Version : Best time in September?

beksy
01-15-2010, 08:37 AM
We are planning a quick trip in September for MNSSHP and a quick get-away. We've never been during that month before and I was wondering if there is a better time to go during the month, crowd-wise, weather-wise, etc? Looking forward to going back! :mickey:

Emme&TeddysMommy
01-15-2010, 08:56 AM
September is our favorite time of the year to go we enjoy going towards the end of the month. It’s a bit cooler and the crowds have stated to thin out a bit. Happy planning!

BMan62
01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
We've been going mid-month (arrive around the 12th-15th, leave 10 days later) and have found crowds to be light for the most part. Weather, for us, has been very nice - last September there was on day of afternoon rain (3 hours) and a few typical FL showers, and the temps were upper 80's to low 90's.

We tend to leave just before the F&WF starts and can tell that the crowd levels start to go up as it gets closer, but still very manageable.

disneymom15
01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
We were there the first week in Sept. Crowds were low and weather was warm but not scorching hot.

MushuGrl
01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
We were there the middle of September in 2007. Humidity was brutal, but crowds were light (even for free dining!) It did rain every day, but it usually didn't happen until close to park closing.

Dragongirlx
01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
We always go at the start of September and crowds always tend to be light. make sure you are prepared for rain though

SurferStitch
01-15-2010, 11:30 PM
We've done early and mid September, and both had light crowds, but terribly hot and humid weather. If you don't mind that, go for it! It's great!

I prefer low 80's to low/mid 90's, so we stick to mid October or December. Although....this past October also had some brutal heat. I had several friends down there during that heat wave, and they said it hit over 100 on several days. :jaw: Thank goodness that's not the norm!

mudpuppysmom
01-20-2010, 07:07 PM
When we have been during this time period we have gone the very end of September beginning of October.....you get MNSSHP and the F&W Festival starts!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-22-2010, 10:58 PM
We went from Sept 20th through the 28th and the crowds weren't too bad. The humidity was less than we were used to from going in July or Aug and the rain wasn't bad either. And you get the added benefit of MNSSHP and the F&W. MNSSHP was the BEST party I've gone to so far.

E-OR
01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
We will be going the end of september/first of Oct for the 3rd time this year. Weather has started cooling off, lower humidity, and fewer crowds. Can't wait.