PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Saana - dressy?

tadcd
01-14-2010, 11:28 PM
I am packing as we speak and would be unbelievably grateful if someone could tell me the if people dress up for dinner at Saana (we usually dress up a little for Jiko, is the ambiance about the same?)

thanks!!!!

-Teresa

SBETigg
01-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Not sure about the vibe. I haven't been yet. But Jiko is Signature dining, Sanaa is not. If that helps. You don't have to go dressy for either one, as the dress code is very relaxed for Signatures. Similarly, you can feel free to go dressy at either one. It's up to you.

TinksDH
01-15-2010, 07:28 AM
We ate there last year. I'd put the ambience of Sanaa between that of Jiko and Boma. Not as large as Boma (or if it is, it's layed out with spaces versus one big large room), not as quiet as Jiko. I saw a group where the women were wearing pants suits and the men nice slacks and shirts, and sitting across from us was a family of 5 that just came from the parks, maybe even the water parks!

If you are one who worries about what you look like, then I'm sure that whatever you think is appropriate will probably be on the dressier side of what most will be wearing!

tink'72
01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
We love Sanaa. No need to dress up. We've been twice once I was in shorts and a t-shirt and in December I wore capri's and a sweatshirt.