PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Merry Christmas Adventure Day 8

LittleRoosMommy
01-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! DDs woke up bright and early this morning to the sounds of Santa's jingle bells! And what do they find? Stockings full of gift cards, candy, bracelets and necklaces and a stuffed Christmas Chip and Dale... Not to mention their brand new princess dresses!!!! :cloud9: Along with a note telling them that they had appointments bright and early this morning at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!!

After opening up a few gifts from Santa, the race was on! We had to be dressed, get the girls breakfast and be at BBB by 8:05am! Yikes! It was also pouring down the rain! So, DH dropped us off at the Poly so we didn't have to hike all the way at the Ticket & Transportation Center. DH was even allowed to park at the Poly - for the whole day!!! Merry Christmas from Disney!

Well, we made it into MK without any problems, other than getting a little wet. Oh well! I was expecting it to be very crowded, so that's why I made the girls appointments so early. That way we would be sure that we would get into MK on Christmas Day. Well, much to our surprise, it was empty!!! Not that we minded that at all!

The girls were so excited for their makeovers! We got them all checked in and they were called by their Fairy Godmothers-in-training, went back to the changing rooms and got all changed. Then it was time to pick out their hairstyle. DD3 chose the Fairy Tale Princess, while DD5 chose the Disney Diva! Shocker there! ;) They got all settled in, chatting with anyone who would talk to them and before we knew it they were completely made over into Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty!

Just as we were checking out who walks into the Castle, but the Fairy Godmother! She walks right over to DDs and starts talking to them! They were dumbfounded! It was so cute, they weren't sure what to do!

Next on the to-do list this morning, as this is our last park day, was to go see the Fairies! DH had been running all over the park getting FPs and watching ride times, in between hanging out at BBB to see the girls. Once we were checking out, DH headed over to Toontown to get in line for the Fairies. Much to our surprise, there was no line!!! We walked right in!!!:cloud9: They had a great time! They got to see Fawn, Tink and Terence! Fawn was hysterical! She kept asking DDs if Terence had poured extra pixie dust on them while they were sleeping! They just shook their heads and laughed! Fawn actually walked them over to see Terence and was picking on him and goofing around with the girls! The girls were eating it up!! I didn't think they would ever stop smiling or laughing! Tink was great with them too! Hugging them and talking with them! When they actually saw just Terence he was great! Got right down with DD3 and gave her a big hug, as well as DD5. Then had each girl on either side for pictures, asked them to give him a kiss! We have the cutest pictures of DDs both kissing him on the cheek at the same time! They were in heaven!!! It was the best character interaction all week!

We had already seen the princesses earlier in the week, but once again. There was no line! So, they decided they wanted to see them again while they were dressed in their princess dresses and made over. Great interaction again! The girls were dancing and posing with them! It was great! This is why we do what we do for the girls! The looks on their faces were priceless!

As we were walking out of Toontown, DD5 looks up at me and then looks over toward the Castle and says "Mommy, I never thought I would ever get to spend Christmas Day at Disney World! But here we are!! Thank you!" Can I just say it brought tears to my eyes to see her so happy and thoughtful! We struggled with the decision to go on vacation over Christmas and not spending it with the rest of the family and that moment made me realize that we had made the right decision! While we did miss everyone, WDW is like our second home, and it felt great to be able to make this an unforgettable Christmas for DDs!

We were able to walk onto everything in Fantasyland!! It was great! We knocked everything out by about 10:30. We headed over to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mtn and rode them! DDs got to see some more characters! Then it was time for DD5's first ride on Space Mountain!! I have to admit I was a little nervous about her riding this one... she is only 5! :blush: But she LOVED it!! In fact, she rode it twice in a row!

Then we had to snake our way around the park and the 12 parade to get to Liberty Tree Tavern for our Christmas Dinner ADRs. We arrived just in time and even got to see most of the parade! Lunch was delicious as usual! It had been awhile since we had last eaten here, but it hadn't changed a bit! The girls loved it and we got a great Christmas dinner!

Just as we were leaving LTT, it began pouring down the rain again! We headed into the tunnel between Frontierland and Adventureland to wait it out along with everyone else! The crowds had been increasing all morning and it was getting more and more crowded by the minute. So, after about 20min of rain, we headed over to POTC. DD5 & I rode this while DH walked around with DD3 who had fallen asleep.

DD5 wanted to see the Christmas parade again, so we made our way down to MainStreet and found a nice spot to watch the parade. Met alot of really nice people while we were waiting! The parade was great! Then we headed over to ride Buzz and the Laugh Floor!

Took a little break after this and then watched a couple of shows, shopped a little and by then it was getting even more crowded. They had closed the park at one point during the day, so you can imagine how crowded it was getting before Spectro. People started sitting at about 6:30pm for the 9pm parade. DDs were getting tired and we still had to pack for flight home in the morning. So, we took one more walk around the park, gazed one last time at the Castle draped in the most beautiful lights we had ever seen and began to make our way down MainStreet.

It's always sad leaving the park at the end of your last day. :( But, we know we'll be back soon! So, we bid goodbye to Mickey and the gang and headed back to the room to pack.

Overall, we had a great time. The crowds were heavy, yes, but all in all, we were able to manage them by using all the tricks that I picked up from all of my Intercot friends! We did and saw everything we wanted to and then some! A great way to end the year!

faline
01-15-2010, 11:31 AM
What a wonderful Christmas day! Think of all the memories in the years to come that begin with "Remember when we went to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas..."

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Sounds great

yjgirl32
01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
What memorable Christmas. Thanks so much for shaing.

pdrlkr
01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: