PDA

View Full Version : Give a day/get a day question

disneymom15
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I know the cost of a 1 day admission is $79. If we need 5 day hoppers at $280, would our out of pocket be $201? Also, if there are 4 adults in our party can we all take advantage of this promo if we all volunteer a day?

Buttercup
01-14-2010, 06:28 PM
No, you will be out of pocket whatever 4-day hoppers are. (I think it's different than $201)
They are only going to give you a coupon for a one-day pass... it's not 'added on' to your multi-day ticket, if that makes sense.
And yes, if all adults do the required volunteer work then they'll all get one-day free!

Tick-Tock
01-14-2010, 06:54 PM
They are only going to give you a coupon for a one-day pass... it's not 'added on' to your multi-day ticket, if that makes sense.

Actually, you can use the free ticket as a starting point to upgrade to a multi-day ticket or annual pass. From the Disney FAQs:

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

May I use the value of the free one-day ticket toward the renewal of my Annual Pass or Passport?

Yes, the value of the free ticket may be used to renew your Annual Pass or Passport within the applicable renewal window. You are responsible for any additional costs owed and no change or refunds will be given.

Polynesian Dweller
01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
What needs to be noted in all these threads is that there are only 1 million tickets available and these are for either Disneyland or WDW. Note that's 1 million in total not 1 million at each. Once they've been awarded that's it.

When you have done your volunteer work you get a voucher that must be turned in by Dec 15th. It's probably a good idea to sign up for the volunteer work soon so as to not miss out on a voucher. The first vouchers have already been turned in and used for tickets.

wildernesslady
01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Is there a time frame from when you do the volunteer work until your voucher would expire? Or do they all expire 12/15 regardless of when you volunteered. We are looking to sign up now, but will not be going until the fall.

Polynesian Dweller
01-14-2010, 08:48 PM
You can volunteer at any time. Your voucher will be good for any day up until Dec 15. No time frame on the voucher except for the December 15 end of promotion date.

BigThunderFan
01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
So far every place we contacted has replied back that they are overwhelmed with volunteers due to the GAD program and they have no openings. We signed up on the 1st and couldn't get anything.

Great program. Great IDEA, poor planning.:(

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
I have to agree - there just aren't enough opportunities to go around!

Plus, many families, like ours, are already actively volunteering, with registered charities, so it is a bit of a pain that we have to go and find a "new" volunteer role, just for this.

Oh well, I am glad that it is helping to increase the visability of the need for volunteers.

tink'72
01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
So far every place we contacted has replied back that they are overwhelmed with volunteers due to the GAD program and they have no openings. We signed up on the 1st and couldn't get anything.

Great program. Great IDEA, poor planning.:(

I found this in my area as well.

BigThunderFan
01-15-2010, 02:07 PM
After re-reading my post I think I need to clarify, we do not just volunteer because we wanted tickets to Disney. We already have our tickets and were planning to donate ours. We already do LOTS of volunteering in our community (work & catholic schools require it!) but we weren't able to use any of this. I just wished they opened this up sooner for people traveling in the first couple of months.

I am happy that they are seeing so many volunteers however. I bet no one expected this type of response. I wonder if Disney will increase the number of available tickets past the 1 million mark?