PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest?

tink88
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
DD is turning the big 10 in Feb. Thinking about taking her and her bf up for the day. My hubby and I haven't been there since the late 90's. At the time I remember we thought it was fun but the day we went it was super crowded. Has anyone been lately? Your thoughts? Have they kept up with new technology and updated and/or added new things? Many thanks!

Tink#64
01-15-2010, 01:19 AM
We've only been to DQ once, in '06 and we had a ball! Cyber Space Mountain & The POTC attractions were our fav's! My guys loved the Create Zone, they made & we bought Sid's toy's & music cd's. We have DS's (then 8 & 10) and we spent 5 - 6 hours there! We could have stayed longer but we had dinner adr's! We arrived at opening on a weekday morning and it was mildly crowded, we had maybe 10 minute+ waits but not bad. From what I've read, way more crowded in the evenings, weekends & rainy days. I'm not sure what was there in the 90's but if you have specific q's, I may be able to help.

thrillme
01-15-2010, 09:35 AM
I didn't know it had been up since the lat 90's. I thought it was since about 2000. Anyway I can't judge what's changed since 1990 but we've always enjoyed it. I do recommend if you go go on a weekday rather than a Friday or Saturday. It seems like locals like to get into it on weekends.

We've always had a total blast. It's ALWAYS on our list of things to do.

TiggerCat
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Disney Quest is a must do for us but I don't think much as really changed over the years. We are always drawn for the POTC and the vintage arcade games. We ususally spend an afternoon there before heading to Fort Wilderness for dinner at the Trails End and then a walk around the campground.

TC.

tink88
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your comments - I really appreciate them. Looks like we're going to Disney Quest! Would love to go on a weekday but while I'd let my daughter miss a day of school, I'm not sure if her friend's mom would! I suppose it can't hurt to ask though - they are both solid students and it is 4th grade - I think it would be okay :-)