PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't this have been cool at Pop Century...

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
01-14-2010, 02:49 PM
If the buildings for each decade were decorated and had furniture/furnishings from that decade?

It can't go too much beyond whatever budget Disney had for fitting the rooms, and it definitely would not cost more than the theming at CBR.

I just think it would be really fun to see rooms themed like that!

Still, Pop is my next favorite resort behind the Poly, and A LOT less expensive!

kakn7294
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
That would have been cool for most of the decades but as much as we enjoyed our stay at Pop, I don't know that I would have enjoyed the '80's themed room! I'm picturing peach walls and teal carpet...

Disney4us2
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
What about the 70's and all the avacado green and gold colors, and naugahide vinyl. I know, we still have our bar covered in gold naugahide (sp?).:ack:

Tink#64
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Wow - I would love a room done in tie dye and lava lamps! Too cool! What a novel & great idea! :thumbsup:

MushuGrl
01-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Shag carpeting.

I would have just slept on the floor.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Shag carpeting.

I would have just slept on the floor.

See, stuff like this and the lava lamps Tink just said, how fun would that be!!! Think of the possibilities from all those decades and how fun the rooms would be!

Imagineer1981
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Definitely would have added to the appeal. I think Pop Century could have really been taken and pushed to a higher level, like if they did the 20s with a brownstone type exterior or stuff like that. But I wonder if all that customization would make it more of a moderate resort

kakn7294
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Really, the same theories could be applied to all the value resorts. You could have more specifically themed rooms in each of the particular areas of the resorts - carpets, drapes, bedspreads, furniture, etc. For example, maybe a football turf carpet and football-shaped drawer pulls in the Touchdown section of ASSp. A country theme with "hardwood floor" carpets, denim and red gingham bedspreads and curtains at ASMu's country section. Dalmation spotted bedspreads and curtains at ASMo in the 101 Dalmation section. Done right, it could make for a more fun and varied experience.

Mousemates
01-21-2010, 12:33 AM
But I wonder if all that customization would make it more of a moderate resort

Maybe not, but they would surely charge more for a "decade themed room" just like they do with the Pirate themed rooms at CBR....which would mean you would pay more for shag carpet and naugahyde.

QTPie68
01-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Maybe not, but they would surely charge more for a "decade themed room" just like they do with the Pirate themed rooms at CBR....which would mean you would pay more for shag carpet and naugahyde.

There just seems something so......wrong....when you put it that way ;). I am just seeing flashbacks of "rumpus" rooms.

Tink#64
01-22-2010, 12:05 AM
There just seems something so......wrong....when you put it that way ;). I am just seeing flashbacks of "rumpus" rooms.

:D You just made me think of COP! "Rumpus Room"! :D

mom2morgan
01-23-2010, 10:51 AM

LOL - pay extra for the stuff we've tried to escape in our own homes....seriously, I could send them a picture of my bathroom if they need ideas. Avocado fixtures, a violent blue paisley laminate and wicker vanity!