PDA

View Full Version : Perfect DDP

crmark1
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
I have asked here before if it is worth the extra for the Deluxe DDP, and have come to the conclusion that for us its not. We dont want to be running from TS reservation to another. The regular DDP has 1 TS, 1 Cs, and 1 snack per person per day. Thats only two meals. I wish WDW offered a plan with 1TS, 2 CS, and 1 snack. I know on the deluxe plan you can trade down a TS for CS, but to me this seems like over paying.

WishingStar2006
01-14-2010, 11:55 AM
We are big appetizer people in my family so we are going to ry the deluxe plan this March rather than paying OOP for our appetizers. Our ADR's are TS for breakfast or early lunch and then all of our dinners are at signature restaurants...that's how we are "spending" the three meals per day. Even if you want CS for lunch you can still get the value by doing signature dining once a day. That way you're not running from ADR to ADR...just a thought.

DoleWhip183
01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
I agree that 2 QS and 1 TS would be ideal. Instead of having to eat 3 full sit down meals, you could have breakfast and lunch at a quickservice and then full service for dinner (or any combo). It seems that would fill the void of people who would like the three meals prepaid in the plan but the deluxe is just too much food!:eat:

kakn7294
01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm the opposite. I'd rather see the current DDP stay at 1 QS, 1 TS, and 1 snack per day but eliminate dessert (and reduce the price). I'd rather choose if I want dessert and pay for that separately or use my snack credit and get something away from my TS meal.

DoleWhip183
01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh, and it could be at a more reasonable price point. The jump from regular DDP and Deluxe is $30 per person per day. That is just too much for most people. Maybe call it "Disney Dining Plan Plus" and price the 2QS, 1TS, 2snacks - somewhere in between DDP and Deluxe like $55 or so and maybe add the mug. I think a lot of people that cannot afford the deluxe would upgrade to the plan (Disney could make more $$$$) and people who like all their meals prepaid would be covered (I refuse to cook on vacation;)).

crmark1
01-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh, and it could be at a more reasonable price point. The jump from regular DDP and Deluxe is $30 per person per day. That is just too much for most people. Maybe call it "Disney Dining Plan Plus" and price the 2QS, 1TS, 2snacks - somewhere in between DDP and Deluxe like $55 or so and maybe add the mug. I think a lot of people that cannot afford the deluxe would upgrade to the plan (Disney could make more $$$$) and people who like all their meals prepaid would be covered (I refuse to cook on vacation;)).

That sounds perfect for us. Ideally we would eat breakfast most days at the food court at the resort. (we are a family that likes to be at the parks when they open so we would miss most of the crowd at the food court). Then a CS for lunch and TS for dinner.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I thought that the first time we used the plan too until I realized how much food we were actually eating and its a lot...we don't need an extra CS but we also bring honey buns, cereal bars etc. to eat breakfast in the room.

DoleWhip183
01-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Yes, we end up doing breakfast in the room - ceral, donuts, danish etc. But I still think the more choices you have the better. Depending on the length of my trip, I think the "Dining Plan Plus" would be perfect.
This year we have a split stay, so we are planning to go deluxe for our first three days at OKW and regular dining plan for the remainder of our stay. This way, we can get a few breakfasts, do a signature restaurant, or dinner show if we feel like it. I still think there is a $10 gap between QSP and DDP, there is room for something between the DDP and DxDP a next step that would be $10 to $15 more. The step between DDP and DxDP is quite a jump! I just think it is the perfect place to kind of combine the best of the QSP and the DDP :D

Ms. Mode
01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Just back from WDW with the Dining Plan. My DH would rather not have the dessert with every meal too, but his two girls really like the dessert. We did purchase our appetizers when we wanted. We walked about 4000 miles in six days and it seemed like we ate all the time with 1/CS, 1/TS and we used snacks for hot chocolate (and we needed it, believe me). I saved all the receipts and added it up last night. The meal plan cost us around $550 and our receipts add up to approx. $780, this was the regular person price...no discounts involved. Yes, the dining plan is a wise investment for us :thumbsup:

mom2morgan
01-14-2010, 11:41 PM
That would certainly be a good option - but we've usually found that we can use the snack credits for 'breakfast" or "lunch" since we're rarely really hungry at both meals.

thrillme
01-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm really not impressed with the DDP.

BUT my biggest suggestion for it is a "magic your way" DDP where you can cut down the days.

For example on the day we arrive...we will probably NOT eat CS, TS and snack...on the day we leave "maybe" CS but not a TS, and snack. If you check in for 7 days you may only eat DDP for 5 for a family of four I see that as almost a $200 savings.

Tink1
01-15-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm really not impressed with the DDP.

BUT my biggest suggestion for it is a "magic your way" DDP where you can cut down the days.

For example on the day we arrive...we will probably NOT eat CS, TS and snack...on the day we leave "maybe" CS but not a TS, and snack. If you check in for 7 days you may only eat DDP for 5 for a family of four I see that as almost a $200 savings.

The dining does not go by days, it goes by nights.

For a 7 night/8 day package you get 7 of each (TS, CS and snack). So you could do a TS your first night and have a CS your last day with a snack to take with you upon dpearture.

Nanc

Disney4us2
01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
For us the regular DDP works great. DD and I are not big breakfast eaters. Most times just grabbing a churo in the parks. We mainly do CS for lunch and the TS for dinner. I never felt hungry on this plan.