PDA

View Full Version : DVC xmas party

ANG
01-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Did anyone attend the DVC xmas party in December 09 or any other years?

Just curious about what they really do. Is it just a pitch to get you to buy more point or something?

BW Fan
01-14-2010, 09:03 AM
We went to the DVC Christmas party in Dec 08, and thought it was well done. It had some stations with games for kids, and some information type booths, and refreshments. They even gave each DVC member a Christmas ornament. You could stay as long or as short as you wanted. I felt no pressure at all from any sales pitch, certainly not an effort to sell more DVC points. Overall it had an atmosphere of thank-you to the DVC members, not a selling opportunity for Disney. :thumbsup:

laprana
01-14-2010, 09:30 AM
We went to the DVC Christmas party in Dec 08, and thought it was well done. It had some stations with games for kids, and some information type booths, and refreshments. They even gave each DVC member a Christmas ornament. You could stay as long or as short as you wanted. I felt no pressure at all from any sales pitch, certainly not an effort to sell more DVC points. Overall it had an atmosphere of thank-you to the DVC members, not a selling opportunity for Disney. :thumbsup:

I agree! We went to the party this past December and had a good time. We didn't feel pressured at all to buy more points, and in fact, we weren't even approached by anyone to buy points. I think they did have a booth set up with info on what they currently were selling, but that was it.

They had an area set up where they sold exclusive DVC pins, which was really busy. There were tables set up to just sit and relax, refreshments, and a lot of things for kids like a "dance party" area, hula hooping, etc. We also got a free DVC Christmas ornament and a free rice krispie treat. It was fun, I'd definitely go back again! :thumbsup:

disneydad153
01-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Where is this party held each year? We were just at SSR in Dec and didn't see anything about it.:confused:

Tinkermom
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM
We went last December also. We had a blast! In addition to above there were ornament craft stations, character meet & greets, free wine and beer (1 per person). It was set up under a big tent just outside of the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. My DD7 loved the dance party and had a blast doing the limbo with Goofy! :party:

Joannelet
01-14-2010, 08:39 PM
We went this year and had a great time! Got some wonderful pics with the characters!!! :)
Its held right outside Epcot's world showcase entrance (I can't think of the name of it right now LOL) Its not in the park but outside the park under a tent where the boat docks from the swan and dolphin and DHS.
Sorry I'm drawing a blank on the name. I'm sure someone will jump in and say what its called.
But the merry member mixer was a great time. I am so happy we went :)
There was dancing, character meet and greets, arts and crafts tables, they had free refreshments and a free rice krispy treat per person. The only thing you had to pay extra for but they sold it was liquor. ANd the ornament that they gave out when you left was a nice gift.
Enjoy!

Tinkermom
01-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry I'm drawing a blank on the name. I'm sure someone will jump in and say what its called.

Yup! Already did! :thumbsup:

Joannelet
01-15-2010, 10:58 PM
LOL thank you!!