PDA

View Full Version : Our Honeymoon

EllieMae
01-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi all,
I just wanted to give a little synopsis of our honeymoon since I did give a pre trip report. First off, we had an absolutely wonderful time! I was a little worried since it would be our first trip without the whole family and my first Christmas away from my family in my 31 years and WDW did not disappoint! If I am ever away from my family again on Christmas, I better be at WDW :mickey:. The food was absolutely wonderful throughout the trip. We had ADR's for: Rose and Crown (dinner), Narcoosies (dinner), Coral Reef (dinner), Le Cellier (lunch), 50's Prime Time Cafe (dinner) and San Angel Inn (dinner). All of the meals were abosuletly wonderful, with the exception of San Angel... it was good not great. Thank you so much to those who suggested Narcoosies!! Everything from the atmosphere, hospitality and food were wonderful. They even printed special menus for our honeymoon for us to keep and decorated our table for us. The other restaurant who made a little special event for us was 50's Prime Time, the meal was on Christmas Eve and towards the end of our trip. We were pretty full after eating and did not order dessert (for once ;)) well our waiter brought us a cupcake and requested that we cut it together like a wedding cake and even took pics of us! It was really cute and the cupcake was very yummy! Some of the sit down restaurants that we did not have ADR's for but ended up eating at were: Blue Zoo (wonderful! we decided to go a day early and walked in there on a Saturday night and wow was it good!) and Raglan Road (we went over to DTD since we had lunch at EPCOT and did not have a dinner ADR. We shared the appetizer for two and enjoyed the entertainment. Raglan Road will now be a must do!) We road the majority of the rides that we wanted to and really just enjoyed walking around and being there. We knew ahead of time that it would be crowded that week and so with that attitude we were unfazed by the crowds (it doesn't hurt that the whole family will be going back in November of this year :cloud9:). One of the best "game time" decisions that we made was to have a Christmas morning massage at Mandara Spa and wow was that amazing! All in all a wonderful honeymoon!

KylesMom
01-14-2010, 12:00 AM
What a wonderful way to spend your honeymoon! We celebrated ours at Disney almost 19 years ago, and it truly was magical - glad to hear yours was, too. Your dining experiences sound like they were top-notch, and you had a great attitude going into the trip knowing about the crowds.

Congratulations & thanks for posting! :mickey:

beksy
01-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful honeymoon. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yourmagicalguide
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Sounds like you had a truly magical honeymoon :mickey:

Thanks for sharing about your dining experiences. I'll have to give Narcoosies a try after your glowing report :D

Sorry about your meal in Mexico. The atmosphere there is spectacular, but the expensive food always turns out to be less than desired (not to mention the service).

faline
01-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Congrats! Sounds like it was a very magical honeymoon! Thanks for sharing the highlights with us!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Sounds wonderful:mickey:

vizsla
01-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the report.

ibrowse17
01-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Thank you, and glad to here you had a wonderful honeymoon at Disney:thumbsup: