PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a half day?

SandmanGStefani24
01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Well, got the trip comming up, and it looks like we're gonna have a half day open when we arrive. We should be arriving at the resort around 3 or 4, so we will have from then on to kill until we hit the parks the next day. What have you all done to kill a half day? We didnt plan on going to a park, but wouldnt mind checking out something else reasonably cool and not too far away...

Any thoughts?

Rekenna
01-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Well, for our half day we are going to Epcot-it's EMH and Epcot is open until midnight. Yay!:mickey:

EllieMae
01-13-2010, 09:43 PM
You could ride the hot air balloon at DTD then check out Raglan Road for dinner. We happened upon there over Christmas this year and it was wonderful!

tadcd
01-13-2010, 09:58 PM
It looks like you are staying at POR/POFQ. Here are a few ideas:

-Rent bikes and explore POR/POFQ.

-Resort hop - check out the animals at AKL savannah.

-Mini-golf.

-Check out DTD (take the boat!).

-Disney Quest.

-Enjoy the Boardwalk (maybe check out dueling piano bar in the evening).

-Massages (for example, Mandara Spa).

-Hang out by the pool.

EllieMae
01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
The Mandara spa is a great suggestion. We had a 50 minute swedish couples massage there on Christmas morning this year on our honeymoon and it was wonderful. Now, that was the last full day of our trip and I would suggest that since it was so great to be massaged after walking the parks for 5 full days. But... if you choose to do that on the first day of your trip it wouldn't be a bad choice either :cloud9:

Tink#64
01-13-2010, 11:09 PM
It is our tradition to spend our arrival day at DTD. We typically arrive at WDW around lunch time & head to DTD after check in & shop & then have dinner there & head back to resort for some pool time, unpack a little & get everything ready for our first park day! We are usually up so early (not too mention having little sleep the previous night!) & so we're usually tired and try to get some rest before starting with the parks. DTD gives us our taste of Disney but allows us to have an early night before the whirlwind begins! :alarm:

disneymom15
01-15-2010, 11:25 AM
We'll be arriving around 1pm, we're planning on catching some rays (weather permitting) by the pool and then heading to DTD for shopping and dinner.

wildernesslady
01-15-2010, 01:15 PM
How about renting the sea racers? They are alot of fun.

Genie1953
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM
We are doing a room only reservation for the first night so won't hit the parks until the next day so we are doing Downtown Disney that first day instead. We are at POR so will take the boat to DTD.

DisneyFr33k
01-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Downtown Disney is a perfect half day adventure. And it costs nothing to get in, only to shop!! We always stock up on holiday/birthday presents while we are there - who doesn't like to get anything Disney?! Wolfgang Puck Cafe has wonderful food for dinner, or if you don't want a sit down meal, I've heard Wolfgang Puck Express is good too!

PetefromRI
01-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Downtown Disney is a perfect half day adventure. And it costs nothing to get in, only to shop!! We always stock up on holiday/birthday presents while we are there - who doesn't like to get anything Disney?! Wolfgang Puck Cafe has wonderful food for dinner, or if you don't want a sit down meal, I've heard Wolfgang Puck Express is good too!
My thoughts exactly!

bruin1344
01-17-2010, 01:05 PM
I would spend the day at the resort renting boats or bikes, or relaxing at the pool. Other options are go to the Boardwalk, shop at DTD, resort exploring, Cirque De Soleil, and if you're family enjoys video games or arcade head to Disneyquest.