PDA

View Full Version : Any one gone during Braves Spring Training?

TheMartellFamily
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
My one son is a big St. Louis Cardinals fan, and they are playing at Disney Wide World of Sports during the Braves spring training. I would like to go see the game since it would be much easier and less expensive to see there, than seeing them play here in Chicago. Lawn seats are available. Is there anything I need to know or go about getting the tickets for the game? Please let me know.

faline
01-14-2010, 10:21 AM
You may want to look at the trip reports that were posted on this topic a few years ago - it might give you some of the information you need.

Spring Training Trip Report (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=99488&highlight=spring+training)

MarkC
01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
We did this about 3 years ago-- also to see the Cardinals. It just happened to coincide with our school's spring break. You can get closer to the players than in a major league park unless you have really expensive seats. Don't expect the starters to play a full game, but the stadium is very, very nice and I've met some of the nicest people in the world at baseball games. I think your family would really enjoy it. We did. Weather is usually great as well.

As for tickets, you probably need to go directly to the Atlanta Braves website. There are good tickets available there. You can also try stubhub or even just find someone outside selling tickets. I would buy very early if possible as both teams are very popular draws in spring training and both have good fan bases. A sellout by game time is very possible. Enjoy.

MARY POPS' MOM
01-18-2010, 02:25 PM
my husband, duahgter & i went a few years back. it was great fun. get your tickets online ASAP. we bought tickets day of the game and sat on the hill. so did 1000 other people! very crowded. and if you are taking disney transportation plane on leaving early for the park. we did have a great time tho.

MARY POPS' MOM
01-18-2010, 02:29 PM
my husband, duahgter & i went a few years back. it was great fun. get your tickets online ASAP. we bought tickets day of the game and sat on the hill. so did 1000 other people! very crowded. and if you are taking disney transportation plan on leaving early for the park. we did have a great time tho.