PDA

View Full Version : Train station to Disney World

tink'72
01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
We are taking the train from Boston into Orlando for our May trip. Does anyone know if there is any transportation offered from the train station to Disneyworld? or is there a place to rent a car? :confused:

faline
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
I understand there's a station in Orlando and one in Kissimmee - do you know which one you will be going to? I do understand that there are taxis available or you can arrange for Town Car Service such as Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/). Not sure about the availability of rentals.

tink'72
01-14-2010, 09:37 AM
I believe we will be arriving at the Orlando train station.

faline
01-14-2010, 10:35 AM
This post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=146461&highlight=orland+train+station+transportation)migh t help.

Additionally, I understand you can make arrangements with Hertz to get a rental car if you arrive at that station. You would not be able to book the Hertz car online but would need to call to make arrangements and there are limitations on the time of day this is available. Might not be option if you were arriving very late or night or very early in the morning.

rockydek
01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
We take the train from Boston South Station to Orlando. They have many taxis and limo service vans waiting at the Orlando train station.

We use a recommended Limo service.... found on the disboards. They were waiting for us with a sign when we arrived ...a 30 minute supermarket stop is included in the price.

faline
01-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) provides that same wonderful service and using them helps support this site!

tink'72
01-14-2010, 02:36 PM
We take the train from Boston South Station to Orlando. They have many taxis and limo service vans waiting at the Orlando train station.

We use a recommended Limo service.... found on the disboards. They were waiting for us with a sign when we arrived ...a 30 minute supermarket stop is included in the price.

This is EXACTLY what we would be doing. How is the train? Do you get a sleeper car? It will be me , DH, DS (7), DD(13).
I'm nervous about the train. We have driven every year but I just can't do it anymore.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Have you thought about the autotrain?

It runs from DC - Sanford (40 minutes from WDW) and is a wonderful trip.

We've taken it twice and won't ever drive to Disney again! We get a sleeper, and the food, the service, the whole experience is just wonderful. Since the train only makes 1 stop, it makes for a smooth trip for sleeping.

An added bonus - you get your car with you at WDW, and you can pack as much as you can fit in the car :)

Just a thought ...

tink'72
01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Have you thought about the autotrain?

It runs from DC - Sanford (40 minutes from WDW) and is a wonderful trip.

We've taken it twice and won't ever drive to Disney again! We get a sleeper, and the food, the service, the whole experience is just wonderful. Since the train only makes 1 stop, it makes for a smooth trip for sleeping.

An added bonus - you get your car with you at WDW, and you can pack as much as you can fit in the car :)

Just a thought ...

I actually have thought about the auto train and my only concern is I would still have to drive to DC. I was trying to get out of driving all together. But if it's that nice of a ride I guess I'll look into it further!
Thank you!

Emme&TeddysMommy
01-15-2010, 09:07 AM
We have considered doing this (we are also from MA) but I have not been successful on finding any good information on this. If you wouldn’t mind please share any information possible (length of ride, how many people per sleeper care, ect…) thanks in advance!!!

tink'72
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
We have considered doing this (we are also from MA) but I have not been successful on finding any good information on this. If you wouldn’t mind please share any information possible (length of ride, how many people per sleeper care, ect…) thanks in advance!!!

I will certainly do that!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-15-2010, 07:07 PM

Are you considering the "regular" train, or the AutoTrain? If it is the AutoTrain, feel free to PM me and I'll send you info, and answer any questions you have.