PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach resort

Mickey's 4Walls
01-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Going to CB in MAy - Which building do you recommend? Never stayed there before and getting a standard Pirate Room!!!rrr!:pirate:Have a great Disney DAY!:mickey:

betholtmans
01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Good morning! We are staying at CB for the first time as well in March, if you reserved the pirate room, they are ONLY located in Trinidad South, so your choices are limited. Unfortunately, these rooms are also located farthest from Port Royale, so it's quite a hike!:mickey:

yourmagicalguide
01-13-2010, 12:06 PM
DH and I stayed at CBR last March and had a great time! I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did :D

As far as recommendations for a building in Trinidad South (where your pirate room is located), there really is no bad choice. It just depends on your preferences. If you want to be closer to the food court (Old Port Royale), choose building 34 or 35. If you want a building close to the pool, pick building 36 or 37. To better help you see your options, here's a link to the map of CBR: http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/caribbeanbeach07.JPG.

I'm sure your pirate room will be wonderful (I've seen pictures), but know that your walk to Old Port Royale will be a long one that involves crossing a street (Sea Breeze Drive). Keep in mind that this is a HUGE resort, but, thankfully, CBR has an internal bus you can always take to get to the food court and the Custom House instead of walking.

If you have any other questions about CBR, let me know :mickey:

betholtmans
01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
We will be staying at Carribean Beach Resort in March with (2) 5-year olds and (1) 2-year old...we have reserved pirate rooms and after reading all the posts, I'm getting concerned about the distance?? is it really that far to Port Royale? We have stayed at Coronad Springs, quite far from the main area, and we did fine. Just curious what everyone's input it on Carribean Beach...is it worth the distance to stay in the pirate rooms for little boys?:mickey:

I LoveJack
01-13-2010, 06:02 PM
The walk instead really that bad..about 5-10 minutes but with small children I would recommand waiting for the bus. It does nothing but just run inside the resort, so it is never a long wait to catch it. My DDS where 9 & 11 when we were there this past year. We walked down to the main pool and to get food quite a few times. Even brought a pizza back to the room one time and it was still hot when we got there.
Loved the room itself, the decor is great! My girls thought that I had really outdone myself on that trip.:mickey:

StitchFan#1
01-13-2010, 07:51 PM
We liked it but it was just too big! We had a Nemo room in Matinique and it was a good ten miniute walk from our room to the food court. The rooms were nice and set up just the same as PORFQ and was adorably decorated. I wish I could have seen a pirate room but its ok. We loved the bus service in the resort to get form our building to the food court. The bus service to the parks was very good. Overall we liked it but we were only there for like 3 days. Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

fatboy
01-13-2010, 10:36 PM
We will be staying at Carribean Beach Resort in March with (2) 5-year olds and (1) 2-year old...we have reserved pirate rooms and after reading all the posts, I'm getting concerned about the distance?? is it really that far to Port Royale? We have stayed at Coronad Springs, quite far from the main area, and we did fine. Just curious what everyone's input it on Carribean Beach...is it worth the distance to stay in the pirate rooms for little boys?:mickey:

In My honest opinion it would be too far. You already paid a premium for that room, I would switch to a preferred location. I have stayed at CBR 5 times, 3 with small children. I love the resort, but with small kids I would ALWAYS pay for the preferred location. Honestly the only time you are in your room the kids will more than likely be sleeping in no time. I dont want to alarm you but to walk it is a little bit of a hike. To get a coffee, soda or snack easily is a half hour deal, 10 minute walk eack way plus time in line. The inner resort shuttle isnt the answer either it only comes every 15 minutes or so, then 10 to get to OPR. JMHO.

98'cpTyphoonGuard
01-14-2010, 08:02 AM
My husband and I stayed in a pirate room in November and the room was awesome. The first night we were there I got off the bus at Old Port Royale to get some snacks and drinks and then walked back to the room. we were in building 39. I walked briskly back to my room and it took me 15 minutes. Which was no big deal bc we didn't really frequent OPR. My biggest complaint would be that in the morning, when MK had EMH all of the MK busses were filling up before getting to our stop, so we had to bus to EPCOT and transfer to monorail to TTC and another monorail to MK. However, the resort is beautiful.

yourmagicalguide
01-14-2010, 10:16 AM
We will be staying at Carribean Beach Resort in March with (2) 5-year olds and (1) 2-year old...we have reserved pirate rooms and after reading all the posts, I'm getting concerned about the distance?? is it really that far to Port Royale? We have stayed at Coronad Springs, quite far from the main area, and we did fine.

I have never stayed at CS, but I would guess if you and your family did fine after walking quite far in your opinion, then CBR should be fine as well. It took DH and me about 25-30 minutes to walk to Trinidad South from Old Port Royale and back one evening, but that was without small children in tow.

Your pirate-themed room does come with a mini fridge, so you can always stock-up the night before at OPR with breakfast items (they have fresh fruit bowls, yogurt, drinks) to avoid having to walk there in the mornings. Just an idea.

If you think your kids will absolutely love the pirate-themed room, then I wouldn't want you regretting your decision by switching to a different island and being disappointed. Staying in Martinique in a Nemo-themed room was a great convenience for my DH and me since we visited OPR at least once a day, but this may not be the case for you. Just base your decision on what you know your family would benefit from the most.

I hope you and your family have a magical vacation :mickey:

Patricia
01-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I stayed in Trinidad South (years ago) with 2 small boys and an infant. When returning from the parks we often hopped off the bus at Port Royal to get a bite to eat or some snacks. We then went right back outside and used the bus to take us back to TS. The times we did do the walk it was very pleasant and we were not in a hurry to get anywhere. The fridge in the room was a huge help for drinks and snacks.

We did use the main pool once, but my kids were happy to swim in the quiet pool most evenings after a day in the parks.

SillySymphony
01-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Having stayed at CBR so many times we've taken to calling it a "home away from home"... I think the most important opinion is yours... You didn't mention children or ages and this, to me, is the most crucial part of a Pirate room or Nemo room. If having one of these rooms is something you'd love to do for the kiddos, then the walk will (usually) be worth it ! That being said, there are closer "digs" to Food Courts, Feature Pools and Resort Stores... My suggestion is to always carry your refillable mugs everywhere you go. Wash them, dry them and slip them into a bag. When you re-arrive from a day of touring, have one parent slip off the bus at Port Royale and fill up everybody's mugs while the rest of you go to your Island.

PetefromRI
01-18-2010, 09:39 AM
If you have your own car it might not be to bad but it is quite a walk.Sea Breeze Drive is an easy road to cross but it is far away especially with young children.I'd go with a preferred room or get a standard room and request Aruba or Jamaica and hope that you get them.

yourmagicalguide
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
My suggestion is to always carry your refillable mugs everywhere you go.

Buying the refillable mugs was such a time and money saver for us! There were times we went to Old Port Royale just to fill up our mugs so we could enjoy a "free" tea or soda back in our room in the evenings. Plus, at busy times, we could just enter OPR through the back of the food court seating area and refill our mugs without having to walk through the congested lines. Anyone planning to visit Old Port Royale more than once during their stay should strongly consider buying the mugs simply for the savings. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

fatboy
01-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Buying the refillable mugs was such a time and money saver for us! There were times we went to Old Port Royale just to fill up our mugs so we could enjoy a "free" tea or soda back in our room in the evenings. Plus, at busy times, we could just enter OPR through the back of the food court seating area and refill our mugs without having to walk through the congested lines. Anyone planning to visit Old Port Royale more than once during their stay should strongly consider buying the mugs simply for the savings. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Agreed! We always brought our mugs to the pool in the evenings and then refilled before the walk to the rooms.

Suz36
01-20-2010, 07:32 PM
We stayed in a pirate room in October and loved it! The theming was fantastic. My 6yo DS loved it, and even my 9yo DD thought it was cool. The walk really wasn't bad at all. We were in building 35, and our front door practically dumped us onto the walkway to OPR. We ate breakfast there almost every morning, and refilled our mugs each evening. The resort is beautiful, so the walk is very enjoyable.