PDA

View Full Version : restaurants we can't miss

margaretvest
01-13-2010, 12:07 AM
I need some advice!!! I will be at disney for 8 days. What are some can't miss restaurants? I want to plan on 5 nicer restaurants and any other musts. I'll want to dress up some.

Zippy 1
01-13-2010, 01:00 AM
A few I would recomend are Le Cellar, California Grill and Coral Reef. I know others will come along with more.

Disney4us2
01-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Another vote for LeCellier. We also had fun and a good meal at Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavillion.

Next visit we plan on trying the Garden Grill, Coral Reef.

Disney4us2
01-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Just noticed...
:welcome: to Intercot:mickey:

SBETigg
01-13-2010, 07:07 AM
There are too many great restaurants and experiences. You're going to have to miss quite a few.

For truly lavish meals, Victoria and Albert's and Bistro de Paris can't be beat.

My two favorite Signature dining experiences (more of a dress-up meal, but there's not a rigid dress code at any other than Victoria and Albert's) are:
California Grill (great food, breathtaking views)
Narcoossee's

But also great and worth a shot:
Flying Fish Cafe
Jiko
Citricos

You're probably going to want to throw in a character meal or other uniquely Disney experiences more for atmosphere than food like:
Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, or Chef Mickey's (for characters)
'Ohana
Whispering Canyon Cafe
San Angel Inn (good for lunch)
Sci-Fi Dine In (also lunch)
50s Prime Time Cafe
Boma (a favorite for me)

Also, a World Showcase dinner. I like:
Chefs de France
Rose and Crown
Tokyo Dining or Teppan Edo

At Downtown Disney, I love Raglan Road.

Worth noting-- the Top 7 Disney Dining experiences according to one member's annual poll of INTERCOT members:

7. Chef Mickey's
6. Garden Grill
5. Kona Café
4. Boma
3. California Grill
2. Ohana
1. Le Cellier

eandrsmom
01-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Keep in mind, that you are on Disney property, so even if it feels like you're in a 5 star restaurant, you're likely to be surrounded with kids and people in casual dress. Of course there are exceptions, like Victoria and Alberts.

In the past, we've enjoyed
Le Cellier
Yachtman's Steakhouse
California Grill
Chefs du France

As far as Character Dining, we LOVE 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. Cinderella's step sisters are a hoot! We find the food at dinner to be better quality and selection than some of the other buffets on property.

LittleRoosMommy
01-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Here's another vote for California Grill! We try to go there every visit... great food and the view is unbeliveable! We used to (before the kids) book our ADR to coincide with the fireworks at MK... it's great!

Also, we like the following:
Ohana's
Artist Point: signature dining
Coral Reef
Cinderella's Royal Table
Teppan Edo
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's

ryels
01-13-2010, 08:49 AM
For table service, Ohana's is becoming a "can't miss" for my family. We ate there two years ago and are eating there again in a few weeks. I'm thinking this will become tradition for us.

I know you are specifically looking for table service, but I have to say Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is becoming a must-do for us as far as counter service restaurants go. I get pretty bored with Disney's typical counter service (burgers, fries, chicken tenders, etc), but Sunshine Seasons has such a great selection that I think everyone can find something really good to eat there. It's one that I see us doing every time we go. :thumbsup:

Jeniflower
01-13-2010, 08:52 AM
i'd go with Le Celliar and Crystal Palace,
definetly

c&d
01-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Artist Point, Cali Grill and Narcoossee's. Of course if you really want to dress up Victoria & Albert's.

Coral Reef we've found the food to be hit or miss over the years but we love the setting. It's just cool watching the fish.

For a buffet meal, a must do on all our trips is Trail's End Buffet at Ft. Wilderness. Since we usually arrive on a EMH at MK we eat and then head over to the park. It's become a tradition to start our vacation with dinner there.

CzepielCrew
01-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Chef Mickey's
Boma
Garden Grill
Ohana

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-13-2010, 10:36 AM
LeCellier is quite good

For a dress up meal try California Grill or if you can afford it Victoria and Alberts:)

BigThunderFan
01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Le Cellier
California Grill
Boma
and purely for characters: Chef Mickeys :thumbsup:

wdw dude
01-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Artist Point for me. :cloud9:

:mickey:

Gator
01-13-2010, 03:42 PM
I loved Liberty Tree Tavern, although it was better when there were characters.

Le Cellier and Coral Reef are good, too.

The steakhouse at Japan (whatever they're calling it these days) is good. The food is good, plus they chop it and cook it right in front of you.:D