PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay?

margaretvest
01-12-2010, 11:59 PM
I am planning on a disney vaca in November and don't know where I should stay. I plan on being at Epcot a lot at night so a resort near epcot or on the monarail might be nice. It will be just me and my husband. Any suggestions?

Zippy 1
01-13-2010, 01:03 AM
What type of hotel are you looking for? Is there anything specific you would want? Are you looking for a value , moderate or deluxe? There are so many good options. The Boardwalk is a great one if you plan on being in EPCOT alot.

BigRedDad
01-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Close to Epcot: Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club

Monorail: Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian

Are there any other criteria for the resort you want to stay? What are the financial concerns?

pamickeys
01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
since you will be there for the food and wine fest,stay in the epcot area, and don't forget about swan and dolphin.

margaretvest
01-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I am so excited. Price is not to much a factor. My main concern is being close to epcot I guess. I just want to stay somewhere that is convenient. My favorite parks are epcot and AK. I have not booked yet and want to go at a slow time of year so we don't have to fight crowds. I also probably need to consider that I might need to rest some of the time because I will celebrating finishing chemotherapy! :joy:

renecat
01-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Congrates on finishing your chemo. The boardwalk sounds like it would be great for you. You can enter Epcot through the rear entrance. The resorts there are very close to that entrance. Take a look at the Yacht and Beach club. Hope you have a wonderful time.:thumbsup:

Gator
01-13-2010, 07:45 PM
To me, I'd pick Boardwalk hands down. I've never had the money to do it, but if I did, I'd never stay anywhere else. To be in that elegant hotel and be able to go to Epcot every night - that is paradise my friend.

Lakin
01-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Go for Beach Club if you're an EPCOT person. Literally less than a five minute walk to EPCOT. :mickey:

Jillirose
01-13-2010, 08:20 PM
We love BC because we often walk to Epcot at night. Also, the pool is awesome.

EllieMae
01-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Any of the EPCOT resorts would be a good choice. BC may have a slight edge over Boardwalk because its a little closer to the entrance of the park but I really think you can't go wrong. I have stayed at Boardwalk, BC and the Dolphin and just being in the area is wonderful! :number1:

Darbylew
01-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Boardwalk, Beach Club or the Swan and Dolphin
All of these are near Epcot. It is a nice walk to
DHS and Epcot with a boat that runs along the
walkway so you could take the boat as well.
Congrats on finishing your chemo. You will have
a wonderful time at WDW.

tadcd
01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
LOVE epcot, LOVE BCV!
The villa rooms include a mini-kitchenette area which is really nice, w/"our" secret path that leads right out to the bridge over to epcot.
Soooo nice...
The BC market is yummy, pool is divine, beach with movies, close to the boardwalk action but not too close, close to Dolphin/Swan which has yummy restaurants.
congrats on your big milestone!
:number1:

EllieMae
01-13-2010, 10:14 PM
I love that "secret" path, another good reason to stay there :mickey:

And I forgot to mention earlier... congrats on finishing chemo! I hope that wherever you choose to stay that you have a Magical Trip!! :minnie:

bruin1344
01-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Beach Club, nice theme, great pool, awesome dinner buffet, close to nightlife at boardwalk, very short walk to Epcot and DHS is walkable distance.

iWDW
01-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I would have to agree. Yacht and Beach club would definitely be the best if you want to be close to Epcot. Also if you get a room facing opposite from the pool you can see the Disney version of the Eiffel Tower. :mickey: The pool is also a nice feature. If you have kids they will definitely love the slide and "beach". Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
01-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Congrats on completing chemo. You deserve a great vacation. Have fun.

Schmiv
01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
I also probably need to consider that I might need to rest some of the time because I will celebrating finishing chemotherapy! :joy:

MAZEL TOV!!!! & :congrats: May this trip bring you much health and happiness.

I vote for the Beach Club if cost is not a factor. Great pool if it is still warm so you can relax and like someone else said, 5 minute walk to Epcot.

Best of Luck!!!!

CzepielCrew
01-15-2010, 03:39 PM
We stayed at Caribbean beach one year and it was pretty close.

pirateyankee80
01-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I am so excited...... I also probably need to consider that I might need to rest some of the time because I will celebrating finishing chemotherapy! :joy:

:thumbsup:I can tell you’re excited and you deserve a great vacation. I would also suggest the BC.
For all of the same reasons as the others who have recommended it. The BC has a great pool too. My family is returning to the BC this November also, and this is my first trip back since finishing my chemo in 2008.
:cloud9:

SBETigg
01-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Ah, but do consider if you're looking forward more to World Showcase or Future World. Beach Club and Boardwalk are great choices if you'll be spending more time at World Showcase and DHS. But, if you're Future World fans, you might consider the Polynesian, which is easy to Epcot and the MK, with good bus service elsewhere. I have a hard time staying off the monorail line because it's so convenient to Epcot and MK, my two favorites. But you can't go wrong with any of them.