PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Boardwalk!!

LiloLovesTheKing26
01-12-2010, 01:56 PM
We are trying to decide if we want to stay there this year. I am really excited at the prospect of getting to walk into the back of the World Showcase since we eat soooo many of our meals there. We usually stay at Animal Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk is a quite a big price jump. Is it worth it? What did you like and not like about it?

Thanks!! :mickey:

threeh
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I've only stayed on the villa side, but the boardwalk rocks!!! I can not tell you how easy it is to get back and forth to EPCOT. It's also a boat ride or a nice walk to DHS. We had a boardwalk view and could see spaceship earth, it was so great. My family really liked the pool, the kiester coaster is fun.
I have nothing but +++ things to say about the boardwalk. I think it is our new favorite (sorry Polynesian, don't hate me)
Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.

Happy planning :mickey:

Jeff
01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
It's hard to say if it is worth the price but my family stays at Epcot resorts often. We love the walk over to Epcot and a nice walk or boat ride to the Studios. The BWI is very nice.

Maleficent's Dad
01-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Disney depends on boards like this to tell others that it's worth the price jump. That question is for you alone to decide! Since you asked, however, I have to tell you that we stay at the BWV quite often, and absolutely love the resort.

Best part of the BW and all EPCOT resorts is the location. You are so close to everything. Great dining options abound, and two parks are within easy walking distance. In addition to the WS dining options, you have the Swan & Dolphins plethora of eateries (something not to be overlooked), the Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Cape May (buffet) at the BC, ESPN, Boardwalk Bakery, Kouzzina, Big River, and the best of all, the Flying Fish.

The pool at the Boardwalk is great - fantastic slide, nice theme, decent pool bar. No zero entry, however.

Grounds have lots to do - from tennis, to the community hall, to surrey bikes on the BW.

The only thing that I feel is a downside to the Boardwalk is the bus ride coming back to the resort from the AK. That's the longest ride you'll ever take on a Disney bus. But it's also the only really bad one at the BW.

If you have specific questions about the BW, let me know. Great location - great dining. Those are the biggest plusses.

bruin1344
01-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I havent stayed overnight there but ive been in the rooms, the pool, and most of the restaurants. I like the Boardwalk a lot. I love the location and the nightlife. The short walk to World Showcase is so convenient, especially if you eat all your meals there. If feels great not to have to rush around on bus to get to Epcot and walk all the way across the park to get to WS restaurants. I also like that DHS is within walking distance.

pamickeys
01-13-2010, 12:45 PM
skip BW and stay at YC, same price and a lot nicer,plus you can LOOK at BW and that's the best way to enjoy that resort

CaptSmee
01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I haven't stayed because the costs always seem so high, but sure would love to one day! Both the Studios & Epcot are within walking distance. It's a short trip to DDT. There are lots of entertainment & food offerings on the actual boardwalk itself, and it's unique in that you can mini-golf there as well.

bob6572
01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
I love the BW. This will be our third straight time. Even after the parks there are things to do and entertainment on the Boardwalk at night.

Look into renting point from someone and staying at the villas as an option.

WelshieLover
01-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I am so excited we will be staying at the BW Villas for the first time 1/23/10! We can't wait to go! We have stayed at both the BC and the YC so this will be a new experience.:mickey:

LiloLovesTheKing26
01-14-2010, 01:44 PM
thanks for all the replys!! I am really getting excited about staying there!! We eat 90% of our meals in the World Showcase so that will be so nice to have that walk back there!!