PDA

View Full Version : Swimming at another resort with their guests

jwildflower1981
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
:confused:I know I can't go to other resorts and just use their pool.
Heres my question:
We are ging to the World with another set of friends. We will not be staying at the same resort though. We are staying at CSR andthey are staying at CBR. Can we swim together at each others resorts? If they want to spend the day at our resort with us, can they utilize out pool and vice versa?

DizneyRox
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
You would have to ask the front desk. It may change day to day, and if the pool gets busy, they may just start kicking people out.

During the summer, it will probably be a no-can-do. Slower times of the year it's more likely.

BigRedDad
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
You definitely will not be able to use the pools at CBR because they check resort IDs. CSR is a possibility, but that would be breaking Disney's rules. The rules state that you are only permitted to use the pool at the resort you are checked in at.

jwildflower1981
01-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok, thanks. I'm certainly not trying to break the rules or anything, thats why I was checking. We were just wonderng if we would be able to or not, we all have kids and it would have been nice to let them swim together.

MOJoe
01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I would do what Disney Rox suggests and ask the front desk. While it is against policy to "pool hop", this policy is mainly designed to keep people from upgrading their swimming accomodations. In other words, you book a room at POP, but try to swim at Stormalong Bay or the Volcano Pool.

I think if two families at different Moderate resorts want to get together, Disney may make an exception to the rule. Just ask.

CaptSmee
01-13-2010, 03:26 PM
I highly doubt anyone would notice. Keys are required at the main pool at Caribbean Beach & at Stomalong Bay.

fernsmommy
01-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Jennifer, I was wondering that same thing the other day! We are too much alike! I was gonna say we could ride together to the resort in the rental car but it won't fit all of us. We'll just have to remember to ask when we check in.

mom2morgan
01-13-2010, 10:27 PM
I totally agree - the issue here is the spirit and intent of the "law". They might be willing to accomodate such a reasonable request because it makes sense. I really do agree that the reason for it is so that you won't just head over to some random deluxe to swim!

I would do what Disney Rox suggests and ask the front desk. While it is against policy to "pool hop", this policy is mainly designed to keep people from upgrading their swimming accomodations. In other words, you book a room at POP, but try to swim at Stormalong Bay or the Volcano Pool.

I think if two families at different Moderate resorts want to get together, Disney may make an exception to the rule. Just ask.

jwildflower1981
01-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Jennifer, I was wondering that same thing the other day! We are too much alike! I was gonna say we could ride together to the resort in the rental car but it won't fit all of us. We'll just have to remember to ask when we check in.

Steph, great minds think alike!

crmark1
01-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I dont know if you included the water parks and more option with your ticket. If you did why not just spend a day at Typhoon Lagoon. To our family its the ultimate water park. I think its $50 per person extra per person for the option, and $48 for Adults for one day if you pay out of pocket.

jwildflower1981
01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Were just not waterpark people right now. Right now the kids on our group are 5 and the other 2 are 1 1/2. We'll save the WP&M for when they are all old enough to enjoy it. We were just wanting to spend some time together at each others resorts when not at the parks. We'll ask once we get there if we can. I was just seeing if anybody else has done this and how it worked out.

Lizzie
01-14-2010, 01:45 PM
We have done waterparks with our kids at a year and a half and it was a lot of fun. We were probably only there about 5 hours but still some of our favoite days.

buzznwoodysmom
01-14-2010, 07:53 PM
We've been before in the summer, CBR actually just last June, and there was a family who had thier friends/family from another resort swimming with them. The pools were somewhat crowded. They told us they checked with the lifeguards and were told it would be OK. Also we didn't always need our key to get into the pool area. The area to enter closest to the food court was always open, no key needed. I don't think you'll encounter a problem Just ask before you all get settled, and don't take up more room than you need. We found so many people taking up a table, plus a lounge chair for each person in their party. Like a two and a four year old need each their own lounge chair.:shake: There were always rows of unused chairs, with only a towel claiming them, and lots of people looking for a place to sit. Good luck and have fun. We've been to both resorts, CBR and CSR, and the pool area at CBR was by far the funnest for our kids.

PetefromRI
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Storm along Bay was the only pool that I ever had to show ID.We were at CBR in Sept. and never had to show ID.I'd say go for it.Unless it's very busy you won't be putting anyone out.As someone else said,it's the spirit and intent of the law.I've had outside guests use the pool during slower times and never had a problem.Just ask the lifeguard really nicely.

BigRedDad
01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
I misspoke above. I read it as YBC and stated as such. If you have friends staying at the resorts, just go to the Front Desk and ask. We all know that resort IDs are not checked unless at YBC

MidnTPK
01-15-2010, 03:12 PM
We have done waterparks with our kids at a year and a half and it was a lot of fun. We were probably only there about 5 hours but still some of our favoite days.
Same here. Ketchakiddee Creek at TL is fantastic for this age, if the kid likes water. And free under age 3.

Ok, thanks. I'm certainly not trying to break the rules or anything, thats why I was checking. We were just wonderng if we would be able to or not, we all have kids and it would have been nice to let them swim together.
Several times at the YC, I've had my sister (and her kids) who live in Orlando come spend some time at Stormalong Bay. Each time they've been allowed in when I introduced them to the entrance guard and explained that they were my guests.

DigitalDaredevil
01-16-2010, 11:29 PM
I've found that asking is a lot better than just going and doing it.
It seems fair to be with a guest of another resort especially if it is not busy along the lines of the spirit of the rule.

kathiep
01-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Same here. Ketchakiddee Creek at TL is fantastic for this age, if the kid likes water. And free under age 3.

We completely agree. We skipped the water parks for our kids first trip thinking they were too long. We now regret that decision. Ketchakiddee Creek is terrific. It can keep your kids occupied all day. Plus, it's a nice relaxing break from the hectic pace of the theme parks and offers so much more than just the pool at your resort.

passholderryan
01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Here's a simple solution. Grab a couple extra room keys from the front desk and have your friends do the same for thier resort. Give them the extras when they visit you all and vice versa. I don't think anyone will be calling the police on you guys!!!

MNNHFLTX
01-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Here's a simple solution. Grab a couple extra room keys from the front desk and have your friends do the same for thier resort. Give them the extras when they visit you all and vice versa. I don't think anyone will be calling the police on you guys!!!I don't believe the front desk will hand out extra keys without having guest names attached to them. In any case, INTERCOT rules do not allow discussion on ways to get around the system, whether someone will get caught or not.

In this situation, where the OP and their friends would like to invite each other over to their resorts, the best policy would be just to ask CM's at the front desk or pool (as previously mentioned). If it is not a crowded day, chances are good that it will be okay.

irish1967
01-18-2010, 09:36 AM
We have family that live in the Orlando area.

The last few trips they have joined us for a late afternoon swim followed by dinner at the resort (Poly and CR most recently.)

We always ask at the front desk if it is ok for and have always been told that it is no problem.