PDA

View Full Version : Baggage Fees for Airline Check-In at Resort

alicefan76
01-12-2010, 09:46 AM
What is the best/cheapest way to pay for baggage fees when traveling now? We haven't flown since they started charging for all checked bags.

Does the airline check-in at the resorts allow you to pay baggage fees when you leave? If not, how do you pay for your return trip baggage fee?

faline
01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
There is a process for this which, I believe, involves making the payment the day before you check out. You will need to have proof that you have paid this fee before you can use the Magical Express bag service upon departure - it can't be paid on the spot. I've never done it as I've not flown a participating airline. Someone who has actually done it will be along soon - I'm sure!

KylesMom
01-12-2010, 10:18 AM
We had our first experience with this in June. You will need to call Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm prior to checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk (whose hours are like 5 am - 1:00 pm or thereabouts-they are not open all day). You need to check-in at any time on your day of departure as long as it it not less than 3 hours prior to your flight departure time.

We opted to call Baggage Airline Guest Services the night prior to our departure. We told them how many bags were going to be checked, our flight information, etcetera, then paid via credit card. They gave us a confirmation number which we then took down to the Resort Airline Check-In desk in the morning. It's a very painless procedure - and it's SO nice to check your bags, get your boarding passes & be on your way for the day.

In fact, I just booked American Airlines for the return trip home so that we could be sure to take advantage of this valuable service! :mickey: