PDA

View Full Version : No Summer Discount Promotions

Jeff T
01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm very surprised that Disney has yet to release any summer discount promotions for booking a Disney World vacation. The current promotions end June 3rd. Typically, I have our family summer vacation already booked for Disney. Maybe they feel people are not making vacation plans 6+ months in advance.

I hope to see something released soon.

faline
01-12-2010, 09:20 AM
The general consensus is that you may see fewer promotions this year than in the past.

You can always book through Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). If any promotions do come up, they'll be sure to apply any that you qualify for.

KylesMom
01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
The 4/3 offer was announced in early November of '08 for travel through June 27th of '09. I must say that at the time we were surprised, because there haven't been a whole lot of discounts offered in June the past couple of years. A/P rates for the '08 July season weren't announced until May 7th, 2008. At this stage of the game, we're usually booked under a AAA room-only reservation until something comes up. I don't recall offers usually coming out this early?

For the June 2007 season, there weren't any A/P rates announced for our select resorts so we just went with the AAA discount. There were a few offers out for Beach Club, Board Walk & Saratoga Springs, however. I'm sure glad I save my archived e-mails from Magical Journeys to gather this information from! :)

I, too am hoping for some type of summer special . . . hopefully we'll see a nice offer in the coming months!