PDA

View Full Version : Varsity Cheerleading Championships

Superzeus84
01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
I read the other day that the Varsity Cheerleading championships are Feb 5-7 of this year at the Wide world of sports. I am going Feb3-10, and was wondering if anyone had ever gone to WDW while one of these competitions was going on......I am kind of nervous about it.

BigRedDad
01-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Cheerleaders are loud and their parents/chaperones do little at the resorts to keep their noise levels down. This is primarily contained at the resort they are staying. This is typically at the Value resorts.

NH Disneyfan
01-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Where are you staying - that will make the big difference. Since they are there to "work" they stay at the value resorts and do cheerleading stuff during most days at the sports complex. They really impact the resorts.

Superzeus84
01-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Where are you staying - that will make the big difference. Since they are there to "work" they stay at the value resorts and do cheerleading stuff during most days at the sports complex. They really impact the resorts.

I am staying at CBR, so hopefully they will not be there.

BigRedDad
01-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Most likely not or at least not in packs. The groups like this usually flock to the Value resorts. Most of the time they are in their competition and not at the parks.

paragon
01-13-2010, 07:30 AM
last year, our trip was the last week of April until May 4. We stayed at All Star Movies. When we first arrived and went to have our lunch at the food court, it was packed....with cheerleaders! My 15 y.o son was thrilled! LOL.
They were everywhere! But I must say, other than large groups of giggling girls, there really was no real disturbance. We were in a preferred room, groundlevel just on the outside edge of the pool, there were cheerleaders in the next building to us, and we were not disturbed in any ways.
Most of the time the girls were in groups, and often there was a chaperone nearby. The only time it was ever really noticable was at the food court during breakfast and early dinnertime. They were extremely well behaved, especially considering the large numbers. We did see a few groups in Magic Kingdom on thier last day, but again, it didn't really affect anything.

c&d
01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
We've been down when they were there and the only thing we noticed in the parks was they traveled in groups. And that they tend to break out in cheers for no apparent reason.

Since it is a competition they are only in the parks when they are not competing so it wasn't like every cheerleader was in the parks. We saw maybe 3 or 4 groups in a park at a time and mostly in Studios.

Gator
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I've been there during this time, and they're not too bad. They stay at the resorts and at the Sports Complex. They show up at the parks at the end of the week, but I didn't have problems with them....except when they started cheering on Pirates.:ack:

IloveDisney71
01-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I am staying at CBR, so hopefully they will not be there.

I am headed to WDW Feb. 12 - 16 with a friend whose daughter is cheering in a competition. We are staying at the CBR and so are the girls. I don't know how many other squads will be there. But you will be gone before they arrive. I'm not a big cheerleader fan but my friend's daughter is very sweet and it's fun to watch her compete. The good news about the packs of cheerleaders is that they tend to keep moving and don't linger in the parks at any one spot. :thumbsup: Some groups do tend to break out into random cheers.:(