PDA

View Full Version : List of resturants I am going to, you thoughts?

Superzeus84
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone, my girlfriend and I are going to WDW in 23 days......Very excited! Any ways here are the resturants we are going to.We bought the ddp and did not choose any signatures because we want try a little of everything and are trying to limit out of pocket expenses.....

Chef Mickey
Le Cellier (Lunch)
Coral Reef
San angel
Chefs de France (Lunch)
Raglan Road
1900 Park Fare (Breakfast)
O'hana
Tony's Town Square

Keep in mind it is only my girlfriend and me, no kids.
Your Thoughts?????
Thanks.

cajundisneyfreak
01-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi! I went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinner.I preferred the breakfast.I found the dinner not to be much of a variety.Haven't been lucky enough to try Le Cellier.lol I'll be at DW in 4 weeks.They were booked up.I've eaten at the Coral Reef,San Angel,Chefs De France(lunch),and O'Hana.They are all good!I'll be trying Tony's Town Square for the first time.You've done a great job in picking restaurants.Hope you and your girlfriend have a magical trip!!!!! :mickey:

CaptSmee
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
good choices, good choices...I think you'll enjoy them!

KarenP
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I think you have made some good choices! 'Ohana and Le Cellier are 2 of my favorites. Coral Reef, Chefs de France, Chef Mickey's, San Angel and Tony's are also very good. I have not tried Raglan Road or 1900 Park Fare yet but have heard good reviews.

Crow
01-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Im goin w my GF in 2 wks also. already booked Tokyo Dining, San ANgel and Artist Pt. Raglan Rd i plan on as it was good.
Le Cellier is good but overated and harder to get it so I dont know if i will go back. Coral Reef wasnt bad, good atmosphere. Chefs Ive had some good some so so meals, but I would probably go there again.
Havent been to Ohanas, 1900, Chef Mickeys or Tonys so no opinion there. Sounds like u made some good choices

bruin1344
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
lecellier is a great choice, thats the only one on the list ive tried

katzctkpt
01-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Great selections here's my view on the ones I've tried.

Chef Mickey have done twice first time liked second time food wasn't that great.

Le Cellier (Lunch) trying in June 2010

Coral Reef loved the atmosphere and creme brulee 1/2 of the party liked the other not so much.

San angel went 5 years ago and absolutely loved the setting but, hated the food. Little scared to try a second time.

Chefs de France (Lunch) haven't tried maybe in the future.

Raglan Road not done maybe in the future

1900 Park Fare (Breakfast) have done the dinners 3 times and enjoyed each time. Breakfast should be good.

O'hana really liked when we done it several years ago.

Tony's Town Square have done twice lunch and enjoyed both times....

Superzeus84
01-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Thanks everyone, I will try to do mini reviews of all of them after i get back.

HoosierDisneyFan
01-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Chef Mickey - I personally would not go there without kids. Very good for character interaction but better choices for food.

Le Cellier (Lunch) - Great choice

Coral Reef - Been there once and was not impressed but we had just spent an hour in the Seas exhibit. I would suggest not visiting the Seas beforehand. We were "fish tanked out" by the time we ate.

San angel - Great room!

Raglan Road - Will try for the first time in during our Spring Break trip!

O'hana - Been there once. Make sure you go hungry!

SBETigg
01-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Your choices are good ones for a well-rounded Disney experience (except for lack of signature dining, but maybe on a future trip). Enjoy!

IamBelle
01-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Chef Mickey-Love it! I always go for breakfast, it is so good, you must try goofy's vegetable lasagna!!
Le Cellier (Lunch) -I first tried this place for dinner last vacation and fell in love with it! I am usually not a steak person, but their filet minon was so good! The cheddar cheese soup is also a favorite!The chocolate moose as also very delicious!!
Coral Reef-I have never been, but I heard it is a wonderful restaurant.
San angel-For lunch, it is very good. Went there once for dinner and had the chicken mole, spicy!
Chefs de France (Lunch)-Very good, and you might even see Remy (if he is still there!)
Raglan Road -Never been, heard its good.
1900 Park Fare (Breakfast)-Very good, the Mad Hatter is hilarious!!
O'hana-For breakfast and dinner, very delicious!!!
Tony's Town Square -Never went, but I heard it is great!

brownie
01-16-2010, 01:56 PM
We really liked Ohanas. The Coral Reef and San Angel Inn were decent. Chef Mickey's is okay; we had breakfast there.

PixieMagic
01-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Get rid of Tony's Town Square and trade for Tutto Italia.....

I realize it's cute and nicely themed, and convenient to MK...but all in all...we (both my family and my husband) have given it multiple chances... They are very hospitable, and will go overboard to help you celebrate any occasion but the food is lacking. If you want Italian go to Tutto Italia... We used to HATE Alfredo's...but gave it a chance after the change to Tutto and it's AMAZING... far better food and much more romantic for a meal for the two of you...

BTW it may sound gross but if you go there, there is a black squid pasta that is TO DIE FOR!!! I HATE seafood...but the black squid is only the noodles and has no fishy taste what-so-ever....mildly spicy with FANTASTIC flavor...my dad ordered it and although I wanted it too I ordered something different so we'd get different experiences.... needless to say I was JEALOUS and ate over half his meal!! LOL:eat:

Plus their wine list is fantastic!! :wine:

big blue and hairy
01-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Chef Mickey - loud & crazy, worth doing at least once.

Le Cellier (Lunch) - very nice, dark, good food

Coral Reef - nice place, didn't like the food (a few years ago)

San angel - food is ordinary, experience is terrific

Chefs de France (Lunch) - loved it

Raglan Road - want to love it, many do, I haven't found the right dish yet, I guess

1900 Park Fare (Breakfast) - never been

O'hana - if you like meat, you will like Ohanas (also, the potatoes rock)

Tony's Town Square - see San Angel

:sulley:

Maleficent's Dad
01-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Best you can do is to judge for yourself.
But since you asked our opinions... ;)

Chef Mickey - you couldn't pay me to return. Mickey & Minnie sprinting (literally) around the room to very loud disco-type music. Food is buffet.

Le Cellier (Lunch) - solid choice at all times. Breadsticks & cheese soup suffice for lunch & dinner!

Coral Reef - although mixed reviews on this place, we have had nothing but great experiences here. Good fish, good service, nice atmosphere, excellent if you get an aquarium side seat!

San angel - same as Coral Reef - with mixed reviews, we've had nothing but good luck here. GReat dark atmosphere, good food (used to be so much better, admittedly), excellent service. Tables are tightly packed together.

Chefs de France (Lunch) - Another one where some hate, but we love it and have eaten here probably close to 50 times. I do not prefer the "lunch special" with three courses for a price fix. But otherwise, no complaints - good if not excellent service, solid food. I prefer dinner over lunch here. Remy adds to a fun atmosphere.

Raglan Road - gets raves. But we had one bad experience here - only one. Great music and atmosphere. We didn't like the food/service, but need to give it another chance. The place is HUGE. You might get lost looking for bathrooms! ;)

1900 Park Fare (Breakfast) - Character buffet. Good. Better than Chef Mickey's but no mouse here. Strawberry soup is quite the treat!

O'hana - among an Intercot fave, I detest the place. Two experiences, both horrible. Food is below mediocre. I don't know what the appeal is at this place...:confused:

Tony's Town Square - ups & downs. Has been better, has been worse. Decent choice - nice location. Food is mediocre at best. Wait staff is usually pretty good.

Rekenna
01-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Le Cellier-Lunch-nice and cozy, nice adult place.

Coral Reef-Love it, we have been multiple times, just adults and the whole family. If you can, request a table by the tank.

San Angel-We love San Angel, we love Mexican food, but this is not American Mexican food, it's a little more authentic and may be different to what you are used to. I had the steak soft tacos last time and really enjoyed them. We love the atmosphere of SA.

Tony's-It's been awhile since we were there, if I recollect everyone was satisfied with their meal. It's in a good location.

Those are the only places on your list we have been able to try. We have gone to all of these places just DH and I and really enjoyed them.

Have fun!:mickey: