PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue Question

goofynmd
01-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't have much experience with Jet Blue. We usually fly Southwest direct from Buffalo to MCO. I have already booked our flight down through Southwest. I am thinking of using Jet Blue for our flight home. They provide a better time of departure than SW and they also participate with ME so we don't have to worry about our luggage. My question is how much do their prices vary on a day to day basis? I know with SW they tend to fluctuate their prices often, and will release special fares on Tuesday AM. I have been checking Jet Blue for the last few weeks. The price went from $89 one way, to now $84. Do I hold out longer to see if it drops more? Our trip is in May. I am spoiled by SW. I love that you can rebook if the price drops and save the $$$ as credit.

AirlineGuy07
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
That's what we are doing for our trip in May. We are going down on Southwest and returning on Jetblue out of IAD to take advantage of resort check in. You can never tell about the rates though. They go up and down like a yo-yo. For example we paid $59.00 each way back in December and now I looked and the fare on Southwest going down is up to $94.00. What a jump! I'm glad I booked it back in Dec. The Jetblue flight on the return I saw is the same price as it was in Dec. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

MidnTPK
01-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Go for JetBlue!!!

Like SW, if the fare goes down between when you buy and when you travel, JB will do what SW does: give you future credit for the difference. Unlike SW, you have to call to do this (instead of the easy on-line system on SW). But I've done this several times.

Those look like great fares anyway, and JB allows one bag checked for free per person and has individual TVs at every seat.

Add in that you can do the resort airline check-in service and this looks like a no-brainer to me. It was so fantastic not having to do any checking-in at MCO on the way out (because I'd done it all at the resort that morning).

ravsluvdisney
01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
I agree. We always fly Jet Blue and loooove it!! I too have received a credit when the price drops, no problem. $84.00 seems like a pretty good deal. I would go ahead and book.

goofynmd
01-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks so much for the great info. I never knew they would give you credit. I will book tonight.

BrerGnat
01-12-2010, 10:43 PM
FYI, lowest fares tend to be on Wednesday mornings...

Wait until tomorrow!