PDA

View Full Version : US - Islands of Adventure

IloveJack
01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
We're currently planning a trip to WDW for later this year. I'd like to go at Christmas, but I don't know if it will fit in our vacation time. I've also been thinking about middle October-ish.
Anyhow, I'd really like to go to the WWoHP while we're there. DH has never been to IoA, and he's a thrill-seeker. My dilemna is... we'll have a just-turned-2-year-old with us, and I'm hoping to be pregnant. What all is there to do at IoA that doesn't have a height requirement? I don't mind waiting while DH rides some, but I don't want to be a bystander all day.
Also, can you catch a taxi from WDW to IoA? How much does it normally cost for the ride, if so? We'll most likely fly to Orlando and use ME to go to WDW, and I don't want to rent a car just for that day.
Thanks!

EeyoresBestFriend
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
We are 'both park' kinda people and have done US almost everytime we go down.
Can't speak for what HP will have but at Islands there is SuessLand that is quite geared for younger ones. Most of the rest of the rides are probably alittle too much for littles and you if you're preggers. Though you can check out the pteradactyl(sp?) ride. The umbrella ride over jurassic park ~ you have to be below the height requirement to ride! They will not let an adult on unless you are accompanying a child. Since I have no kids, we have never been allowed to ride it and I'm alittle bitter . . . :D
Sorry can't help on the transport though ~ we've always rented a car so we can stock up on food and go to a few local restaurants as well. Hopefully someone else can give you some advice!

Good Luck! I can't wait to see WWoHP either!! :thumbsup: