PDA

View Full Version : Tipping grocery delivery person

fanofdisney
01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Since we have never had groceries delivered before I am curious what you usually tip them? Also, is it ever a problem having it delivered when you are not there? How do you give a tip when you are not physically present to receive the groceries? We are hoping this will save us money since we usually stop at the store on the way to the resort. After traveling all morning, I am hungry and overbuy:secret:. We end up throwing a lot out our last day.

disneyfanfromoz
01-11-2010, 06:26 PM
When we ordered with Garden Grocer there we paid the tip when we ordered. So we were not there when the order arrived but had paid the tip with the order.
It arrived at our hotel and Bell Services just stored them until we arrived. Depending on where you are staying, Bell Services may have fridges etc to store your cold items.

fanofdisney
01-11-2010, 07:35 PM
We are staying at BWV. Do you remember how much you tipped or what % of your order you tipped?
Thanks

disneyfanfromoz
01-12-2010, 03:12 AM
Sorry I can't remember how much I put for tip. Tipping causes great confusion for our family :confused: as we come from a country where tipping is not the usual practice even for wait staff , so honestly I would never have even thought to tip a grocery delivery person, as we know that in the US you tip wait staff/room service, luggage (bell person), housekeeping (if you like) and taxi driver, tour bus driver but not a delivery person.

Anyway it may have made a suggestion where it has the part for you to enter a tip for the delivery person :confused: Sorry, not much help, but when you place your order, you will see the place to enter the tip, I remember I couldn't miss it.