PDA

View Full Version : NOLA here we come!!

Chic-a-pin
01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
My husband & I are going to New Orleans Feb 18-22nd! I'm so excited! We're staying at Prytania Oaks Hotel in the Lower Garden District. We're definately going to Cafe Du Monde and I've heard good things about Red Fish Grill. Any other ideas? We're thinking about a ghost tour. We'll be driving so I'd LOVE to go see Oak Alley & Laura plantations. Are they easy to get to? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome! I told my husband I could count on my fellow Intercotees :)

luvnwdw
01-10-2010, 08:52 PM
my husband and I were there Dec 09, we took a horse carriage ride in the French Quarter, it was COLD and WET we were handed a blanket to cover up with which was nice, our tour guide gave a history lesson during the tour, it made for a very enjoyable and entertaining ride.
the line at Cafe Dumond was extremely long we were told to wait until after 1 PM and the line would be much shorter, we waited and was able to walk right in,
enjoy your stay

NJGIRL
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Have a great time!:)

murphy1
01-13-2010, 07:04 PM
The plantations are pretty easy to get to and very worth it, really neat to see. Go to dinner at Antoines for a great Creole meal and Brennan's for breakfast, that's where Banana's Foster was invented. I LOVE the houses in the Garden District and there is a trolley you can take up and down St. Charles.

IloveDisney71
01-13-2010, 08:37 PM
I love to eat at Deany's Seafood it's at 841 Iberville Street (a block of off Bourbon and a block off of Canal St.). I've never been disappointed. Wear comfortable shoes because you'll do a lot of walking. If you want to try some pralines go to Aunt Sally's. It's just down the street from Cafe Du Monde. We did a Ghost Tour once and loved it! They shared a lot of history about New Orleans. It was done at night and lasted about 2 hours with a stop at Lafitte's Blacksmith Bar for a short break. Have fun! Nola is one of my favorite places to visit. I go there a few times a year.

Chic-a-pin
01-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the responses, I'm starting a list :D I'm so excited, I can't wait!

Lynn J Mc
01-14-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm not big in to oysters but my husband loved the grilled oysters at the Acme Oyster Co. We also went to Tujagues ?sp? and it was very good. NOLA was not my favorite place. It was nice to visit but I won't care if I never go back. We were there the week before Fat Tuesday last year and got to see some of the parades, that was pretty neat.