PDA

View Full Version : Will I still be able to get the deal?

Julie_Mouse
01-10-2010, 10:50 AM
My parents have gifted me a family trip to Disney this spring as a graduation gift! :joy:.

We would like to book the MYW package with the room-only discount that is being offered right now, but is it likely there will be any discounted rooms still available come Feb 21?

Some context:
1) First problem is, my brother and I could have university exams any time until the 30th of April, but we won't know our exact exam schedule until February 21st.
2) We also have a family obligation the weekend of May 8-9 that we cannot be absent from.
3) I have to start work eventually, preferably as soon as possible.

So basically, our first preference is to visit from Wed April 28-Wed May 5, or Thurs-Thurs. If any of those weren't possible (because one/both of us had an exam on the 30th), then we would have to postpone and leave after the weekend of the 8-9th, but this is less desirable because I probably wouldn't start work until we returned. It all really depends on our exam schedule, which, unfortunately, isn't released for another month or so :mad:

I guess I'm looking to hear thoughts on whether Feb 21st is too late to get the deal, but also if you have any suggestions that I haven't thought of, I would love to hear them!

Either way...... I'm going back to the world!!!!!!!!!:party:

TammiMcMan
01-10-2010, 02:46 PM
We would like to book the MYW package with the room-only discount that is being offered right now, but is it likely there will be any discounted rooms still available come Feb 21?I might not be reading this correctly, but the room only discount is just that, for booking a room only. You can't add a package on to that, but you can buy your park tickets separately or maybe look at the 4/3 deal. I'd suggest that you contact Magical Journeys (www.yourmagicaljourneys.com) and give them your options. They'll be able to guide you towards the best discount.

MushuGrl
01-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Totally agree, go through Magical Journeys.

When we originally booked our vacation it was a room-only, and Melissa at MJ told us to wait until close to time of the trip before buying the park tickets, as they were non-refundable. That might help you since you're kind of iffy if you're going to be able to go at that particular time.

MJ will not only be able to help you, but will be able to help change your plans painlessly if the need arises.

KarenP
01-10-2010, 06:44 PM
You can book the winter/spring offer as a package or as room only. There is also another special where you receive a gift card at check in with packages, so you will want to compare to see which works out better for you.

Disney offers a limited amount of rooms at each resort with the specials. I would suggest booking as soon as you can to make sure you get in on the offer you want. You can always modify your dates later as long as there is still availability.

Julie_Mouse
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks everyone for the help so far :)

And yes, I believe you can add park tickets and DP to the room-only discount to create a "package", if you will, but you're right, the discount is only on the rooms.

Suppose we just make room-only reservations now, say for the first week of May. If we are forced to change them to the second week of May, will the fact that we already have a reservation guarantee that we get the special offer when we change our dates? Whether we book now or in a month, it is my understanding that we will be subject to the availability of the discount rooms at the resort of our choice for the dates we choose. Is there any advantage to making room-only reservations now?

KarenP
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
No, having a reservation already does not guarantee that you will get the special if you modify your dates.

Also, if you make a room only reservation and then decide to switch to a package, you have to cancel the room only, have that deposit refunded and rebook a package. Room only and packages are booked in 2 different departments in Disney.

The advantage to booking now would be that you ensure you have a room held with the discount for your preferred dates of travel.

Julie_Mouse
01-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Something to think about... thanks Karen :mickey: