PDA

View Full Version : Help please, February or March?

bringbackhorizons
01-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm in the very early planning stages for my next trip :cloud9:. Now this will be a surprise trip for my DH, and our first trip since our children were born. When we travel our children will be four and two years old, so I don't want to take them when the weather will be too hot for them.

Anyway I've narrowed it down to either February or March. Are there much differences between these two months in terms of crowd sizes etc? Or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks as always...

Zippy 1
01-10-2010, 11:19 AM
In March you will start to run into the Spring Break crowds. Depends on the week on how busy it will be

Jillirose
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I'd say Feb is better for crowds. The pricing is better before President's week. We try to fly Sat to Sat the week before. The last three years the weather has been great. But, the weather is dicey in Feb. Last year, we had all 70's mid FEB and the week before it was in the 40s/50s!! However, we have been at spring break and that was way too crowded for our enjoyment. I'd say go early March and beat the spring break crowds, but enjoy warmer days.

faline
01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
The whole period from Presidents' Day in February through Easter week is part of the busy, spring break season. Some weeks are better than others but you can expect at least moderate crowds during this period.

Early February has lower crowds and is a good time to visit. However, as noted, weather can be somewhat iffy at this time of year. It can be lovely, quite chilly, or some combination of both.

bringbackhorizons
01-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Thanks everyone! It's a long way off I know but I'm so excited! :blush:

dumbo_buddy
01-11-2010, 07:18 AM
dh and i went at the end of march this past year and i found the crowds fairly manageable. haven't been in feb though.

as far as weather, i wore a t-shirt and jeans and was comfortable...well, as comfortable as a pregnant woman can be! still, it wasn't too hot for me at all and i was hot my whole pregnancy.

have fun! what an awesome surprise!:mickey:

bruin1344
01-11-2010, 01:14 PM
if you can, go before President Day week, the crowds are low up until that weekend

kakn7294
01-11-2010, 02:39 PM
We went from March 10 - 15, '09 and the crowds to be very manageable - they were actually much better than the first week of Dec in '06. Park hours were decent too due to spring breaks - they may be shorter in Feb depending on when you go. The weather was beautiful - we wore capris / shorts and t-shirts. Evenings were a bit cool and by late evening it was cool enough for a light jacket.