PDA

View Full Version : Taking POP Buses While Using An ECV

DisneyPrincess21
01-10-2010, 01:43 AM
I was wondering how the buses are at POP when you have to use an ECV?

Are they like the other resorts where they let the ECV get on first before letting the other people on the bus? And do they unload the bus before letting the ECV user get off? Do their buses use ramps or lifts?

Disney4us2
01-10-2010, 02:30 AM
My guess is that they are the same. When we were at All Stars Movies that is how they did it. Load the ECV first, unload last. Same at the parks too. On first/off last. Not sure about the ramps and lifts. That was from observation. I didn't need the ECV at that time, so I don't have first hand experience at WDW. I am sure others that have used the POP busses will be along to help as well.:mickey:

RedSoxandPatsfan
01-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Yes all the buses will load the same way. This is Disney's policy. It a safety thing for them.

The buses aren't resort specific. They are controlled by a central hub. A signal is sent which alerts the driver where he will go next. The routes are also changed periodically so the driver doesn't get stuck in the same mundane run over and over.

So while you may ride a bus from POP to MK, after he drops you off he may be scheduled to go to GF and make a run to DHS for example.

PETE FROM NYC
01-10-2010, 03:37 PM
DW and I are both ECV users.
We stayed at Pop last Labor Day week.Loved the bus service.They had both ramp and lift buses in use.Either one is easy enough to use.