PDA

View Full Version : DME Panic Time...

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM
We fly to WDW in the morning.
Tonight as we went to put the yellow tags on our luggage we found that we had only been sent a total of 3 tags; one per person.

Since we are flying Southwest we have more than 3 bags.
We don't want to go thru the hassle of getting our bags and dragging them to the bus ourselves. (Kind of defeats the purpose of DME in my mind)

I tried calling DME, but of course they are already closed for the evening.

Do we have any options??
I know the odds of getting last minute help are slim, but I have seen some amazing things happen here on Intercot over the years...:mickey:

Gregandmel
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, they are only sending one tag per person since so many people only check 1 bag now due to bag fees. From what I understand - you are going to be JUST FINE! Make sure you have luggage tags on your suitcases with your names on them and when you go to the DME counter, explain that you have other bags without the yellow tags. They will pick them up as well off the carousel. This is NOT an uncommon occurence. Sometimes people don't receive their yellow tags AT ALL and this is what they are instructed to do. Just describe your "extra" luggage to the DME person and it will get pulled off as well and brought to you. You do NOT need to go to the baggage claim area and get the unmarked bags yourself. You'll be FINE. Promise! :thumbsup:

faline
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Even if you don't have enough tags for all your luggage, you should be able to prove Magical Express with all your luggage receipts and they should be able to transport all of it for you.

Disney4us2
01-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Couldn't hurt to take a picture and print it out so they can see what the cases look like:mickey:

KathyMJ
01-09-2010, 08:47 PM
First...deep breath.
Second....do not panic.

I have been without the luggage tags and booklet on my last 3 trips. Not a problem.

Many clients never even receive their tags and booklets.

The yellow tags are not necessary. You will still receive your luggage and you do not have to go pick it up yourself.

When you check in at the DME desk, they will ask you how many bags you have. They will then scan your baggage claim slip. You can mention to them (if it makes you feel better) that one bag does not have yellow tags. They will ask you the color and if it has any particular markings. I always have a lime green ribbon on mine to make it easier to locate.

Trust me, this is not an issue. You will be fine:) No stressing....you are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!! :thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys!!! Four responses in 15 minutes...that is incredible. :mickey:

My wife and daughter can quit gathering wood to burn me at the stake in the front yard. :thedolls:

I knew there was a reason I spend so much time here...:D

Ed
01-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys!!! Four responses in 15 minutes...that is incredible. :mickey:

My wife and daughter can quit gathering wood to burn me at the stake in the front yard. :thedolls:

I knew there was a reason I spend so much time here...:D

What can we say ? :rocks:

Once you get here, you might wish for some of that firewood - - it's been very cold and doesn't show much improvement until late this coming week.

Regardless, hope you have a great trip!

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-09-2010, 09:48 PM
What can we say ? :rocks:

Once you get here, you might wish for some of that firewood - - it's been very cold and doesn't show much improvement until late this coming week.

Regardless, hope you have a great trip!

We've been watching the forecasts and slowly reduced the mumbers of t-shirts packed and tossed in a couple extra sweatshirts.

But...as I type this it is in single digits up here, so even the 40s and 50s would be a huge improvemwent. :D

Genie1953
01-09-2010, 10:12 PM
We've been watching the forecasts and slowly reduced the mumbers of t-shirts packed and tossed in a couple extra sweatshirts.

But...as I type this it is in single digits up here, so even the 40s and 50s would be a huge improvemwent. :D

That is a very good idea to pack the extra clothes. I was there as a band chaperone in the late 90's during a cold snap....luckily I had been checking the weather reports and warned all the students that it was going to be very cold. Unfortunately only my particular group of girls brought appropriate clothing. Many of the other students showed up with shorts and tank tops and were miserable. You're right about temps in the 40's and 50's being an improvement. We have been in single digits here also.

Gator
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Whoa! I never thought of this problem. I guess from having to spend so much for each piece, I've learned to bring just one suitcase per person. I hope it works it out. Let us know when you get back.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, I followed the suggestions everyone made and the bag w/o the yellow tag made it just fine.
Unfortunately, my daughter's suitcase(that did have a yellow tag on it) managed to get misrouted and apparently took a little side trip to Tampa.

After a couple calls to Bell Services it finally arrived a few minutes ago. About 9 hrs after our flight landed.

But, it's here, we're here and by the time we have breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the morning it will all be forgotten. :cloud9:

faline
01-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Glad it all worked out - even with the extra side-trip your daughter's bag made!

Gregandmel
01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Guess it just goes to show that even with everything IN PLACE (with the tags) things may still take a side-trip. Glad it all worked out for you guys and enjoy your trip! Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit for you!