PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Week

JenniferS.
01-09-2010, 04:37 PM
We are thinking of trying Thanksgiving week in 2011. Is this a bad/good idea? We are used to going in Sept, which is awesome if you can stand the heat. How is the weather this time of year. I want to take a break from going in the extreme humidity. Were the parks manageable? Thanks for the help!

faline
01-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanksgiving week is very busy. Expect peak crowds from mid-week through the end of the weekend. Weather can be variable. Evenings can be quite cool. Daytime temps can range from cool to quite nice.

missymouseworld
01-10-2010, 07:58 AM
In comparison to Spring Break/Easter Break timeframe, would it be a more manageable time than that? We went spring break for two trips, and the last one did us in....park closings, 120 minute wait times, etc. We have been for Jersey week a couple times in the beginning of Nov. and it was good, but never the week of Thanksgiving.

faline
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
It's been years since we've actually gone on Thanksgiving week. We found it crowded but manageable. In fact, it was a bit better than Presidents' week. However, the length of time since our last Thanksgiving trip would not give me confidence to say I'd have the same experience the same week now.

GoofysGirl
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
We were there for Thanksgiving 2008. We arrived the Saturday before Thanksgiving for 8 days. The crowds were very managable up until Wednesday - then it was wall to wall people at all parks. Fast passes sold out for Soarin before lunchtime & waited for about 2 hours to ride Test Track. Be sure to see everything that is most important to your family before Wednesday. The weather was great - warm enough for shorts during the day but we did need jackets or hoodies at night. Have fun!!!!!

Tinkerfreak
01-11-2010, 08:42 AM
This year we went from the friday before Thanksgiving until the day after Thanksgiving. We found the crowds to be fine at the first part of the trip but they were building as the week went on. We usually go for Halloween and last year went for Jersey week and we did not think it was way more crowded this year. As op said I would make sure to do your most important things at the beginning of the trip.
The weather was warm enough to swim a few days and rained a couple of days. We are from Maine though so our definition of warm enough to swim may be different then yours. It was 70-75 most days. We hate the heat so it was perfect for us.

jnfr2424
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
We have done the past 3 Thanksgivings- from Thanksgiving Eve to the beginning of the taping of the Christmas Parade (which starts about the Wednesday after Thanksgiving)
There are a lot of people, lines are long but depending on which park you go manageable. By the Sunday after Thanksgiving, crowds diminish but by Wednesday MK is packed due to the taping of the Christmas Parade. IMO Thanksgiving is busy, but not Christmas/July 4 busy Hope this helps!

KronkHere
01-15-2010, 12:28 PM
We are going Thanksgiving Week 2010. We were there in 2007. Great week as long as you understand that on Wednesday, it will start to get really crowded. Do all the things you need to do by then and enjoy the decorations and the out of the way places that the crowds that arrived on Wednesday will pass by....Have fun!!

lisab
01-23-2010, 05:19 PM
We went in '08, 5 days before, and 2 days after Thanksgiving. The before days were great, the after dyas were aweful - way too crowded! Go another week, mid Nov is great, but avoid that week. Have fun!

In my dreams
01-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Been to WDW twice during Thanksgiving week.
But not recently ( last time 2006)

My tips would be:
Do the "absolute have tos" early in the week- it will only get busier

Plan a "rest day" for Thanksgiving Day I spent one in MK, never again.

One year weather was great, warm and sunny
2006 unseasonable cool:(
Keep checking the weather reports up until the night/morning before you leave- I actually repacked and still didn't have enough warm clothes! LOL