PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining 2010 ??

Epcot guy
01-09-2010, 10:45 AM
The family is going from August 27th to sept 4th. What are the chances they will offer the free dining? If so when does everyone think they will announce it? Thanks

Schmiv
01-09-2010, 11:27 AM
We are going that same week! :thumbsup:

My MJ consultant advised that the free DDP has been offered the past 5 years so the chances are good for us to get it this year as well.:fingers: Not sure when it will be offered this year though. Keep a look out and if you book through MJ your consultant will let you know when and if it comes out. :woohoo:

Figment!
01-09-2010, 09:51 PM
If so when does everyone think they will announce it? ThanksHistorically, the promotion has been announced the preceding April.

Gregandmel
01-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I think the chances are very good they will offer it again. They've had success the past 5 years with it, and don't think they would "chance" a drop off in attendance by NOT offering it - especially now! Besides - they were offering it before the economy bit the dust, so doubt they would want to do anything that might affect it at this point. It's not a given, but I would pretty much expect it to continue. :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
01-10-2010, 02:47 PM
1) It is already being offered as a package in UK.
2) Usually when the UK gets a deal, the USA gets the deal.
3) But, USA usually announces in late spring.

NOTE: Disney has used deals so much that the guests must be weaned from them. The Disney meetings have already discussed this as a big problem. However, weaning people from discounts is tough - ask the car companies. So, I would say that USA free dining is a given for at least a few years.

wedoada
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Anyone have the dates it was offered in the past couple of years ?

comicguy
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
The last couple of years I think it was offered around easter(the week before or after I can't remember exactly)

Pally
01-11-2010, 02:46 PM
We used the free dining offered for mid-Aug to early Oct 2009. We thought it was good deal.:mickey:

Schmiv
01-12-2010, 01:25 PM
It's totally a good deal. I figured out that our family of 5 will save almost $1000.00 if the free DDP is offered. That's our flights right there. :thumbsup:

LiloLovesTheKing26
01-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I have gone the past 5 years in Sept and it was offered ever year the first or second week of April!!! Already planning this years trip!!!! So glad ADR's are back to 180 days!!

azcavalier
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
We have used it the past few years as well, and it's always announced in April. However, the last couple of years Disney has extended it into December. This year we're going to make reservations for late Sept, early Oct, but then wait and see if it indeed gets extended into December. If so, we'll change everything to go in early December. I hope it works out so that we can see the Christmas decorations!