PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase “Passports”….

pirateyankee80
01-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Do the World Showcase countries still offer a “stamp for a Passport”? In years past all the countries would offer a child a small craft and upon completion of this the child would get a stamp designated for that particular country in a small book that looks like a passport. My 9 year old DS is goal driven and enjoyed participating in that in 2007. :yay:We found out about that a little late but were able to complete the entire “passport”. This is something that I don’t believe gets enough attention. I think he would enjoy doing again.:thumbsup:

DVC2004
01-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Yes they still have the Kidcot fun stations in each country. The passport isn't included though- you can buy those for around $10 each. Otherwise they provide thw kids with a mask that can be decorated and the kids pick up a tag in each country that gets affixed to the mask. The kids can get the mask or attached stick stamped too (free). My kids love this but last trip they decided to mtry the Kim Possible Mission which is something free and very fun- transmits clues to a hand held "cell phone" given for the kids use and then they go around the countries on the Mission. You do turn inthe phone when you are done. We just did this in December and my 10 and 12 year old boys loved it! It was fun for all of us actually!

Gator
01-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes, you can do the passport for a price, or get the masks for free. The passports are cool and a little more fitting for kids who are maybe 6 and above.

Disney4us2
01-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Those are fun to do. I got DD on on our first trip and finished it up on the second. I also took pictures of the CM's signing the passport. Makes for a great memory (more for me than DD at this point).

We were also able to do a whole mask. Still have it :mickey:

Animal Kingdom also had something similar (not sure if they still have it) where you go to different stations, learn about what is at that station and then get the book stamped.

awaggett
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I was there at Thanksgiving with a friend and her 5 year old daughter. She really enjoyed Kidcot at EPCOT--the folks that do the masks were so friendly. In some of the countries with different alphabets they would write her name in their language. She loved it! They do also have something similar in AK--she really liked that too!

WVParkfan
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Animal Kingdom also had something similar (not sure if they still have it) where you go to different stations, learn about what is at that station and then get the book stamped.

The Kids Discovery Club at the Animal Kingdom is great. The different areas are marked on the park map, and kids "discover" or "explore" and learn in each area, and that earns them a stamp. It is free.

Though I like the Passport idea at Epcot, I think the Discovery Club at the AK is better because there is so much more to do.

Disney4us2
01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
The Kids Discovery Club at the Animal Kingdom is great. The different areas are marked on the park map, and kids "discover" or "explore" and learn in each area, and that earns them a stamp. It is free.

Though I like the Passport idea at Epcot, I think the Discovery Club at the AK is better because there is so much more to do.

Thanks, I couldn't remember what it was called. My DD loved it.