PDA

View Full Version : Where's the closest place to get wine before carriage ride at POR?

Gregandmel
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
We are taking a carriage ride at POR and I was told (by the person taking our reservation) that if we wanted to carry on a glass of wine from one of the restaurants, we could do that. I know we can probably "buy" a bottle of wine at their store, but then I have to remember to get glasses & a wine opener, so thought we could just get a glass of wine to take with us. I can't tell from the maps where we could order just a glass of wine. Would the closest place be Boatright's? Who has done this before? (And I guess it's ok to take the glass of wine out of the restaurant, right?) Thanks for any info. if you've done this before! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I'd try the River Roost Lounge at POR. It's in the main building. Never done this so I can't say if they'd let you take the glass. Maybe if you explain it to them.

SallyMcQueen
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I've not been to POR before, but do they have a pool bar? I'd imagine they'd have wine, but you could get it in a plastic glass. No worries about breakage or returning the glass.

Just a thought.

faline
01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
All Disney World lounges offer "to go" drinks which are always in plastic "glasses".

Gregandmel
01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
All Disney World lounges offer "to go" drinks which are always in plastic "glasses".

Thanks so much! :thumbsup: GREAT info to know! Now I can plan better.