PDA

View Full Version : How far is the walk from POFQ to POR?

Gregandmel
01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
We have reservations to stay at POFQ and on our first night, we are doing the carriage ride over at POR. I can't really tell how far it is to walk between the resorts. What would you estimate (time & distance) between the main lobby check-in area at POFQ to the main lobby area at POR (where the carriage ride is)? Any help would be great!! Thought about taking the water taxi, but since the "wait time" is hard to predict (not sure how long we may have to wait for the water taxi) , thought it would be more in our control to walk it - but I don't know how much time to allow. Thanks for any insight!!! :mickey:

tink2006
01-08-2010, 02:48 PM
It is a short walk. The time seems to go by very fast. I would say about 10 - 15 minutes.

kakn7294
01-08-2010, 02:48 PM
At an average pace, it's about 10 min along the river.

Goes4FastPass
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
It's a short and pleasant walk - but the distance is a bit deceiving, that is, much of the walk from lobby to lobby would be walking through POFQ to the "end" of POFQ nearest POR to follow the sidewalk to the end of POR nearest POFQ then through POR to the lobby there.

We've done it to eat at Boatwrights and it was easy and pleasant. The return walk was good after the big meal.

The POFQ - POR walk is also a pleasant 'tour' of the 2 sister resorts.

Gregandmel
01-08-2010, 03:41 PM
So is the best route to walk it down by the river? (like if you were going to the water taxi, but decided to walk along the river instead) or is it better to walk sort of in the middle where the buildings are? I don't know the layout of the resort and I'm trying to look at a map to see. I'm going to assume there are big signs that will lead us there though, right?

tinksmom02
01-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't know if there is a route 'inside' the resorts to follow; we've always just walked along the water. As others have said, it's a nice walk with lots of great scenery to take in.

Patricia
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
To go through the middle you'd be crossing through parking lots and mazes of paths. You may lose your direction and end up taking longer, not to mention it's not nearly as pretty. :)

It's much easier (and very pretty) to walk along the water. Marina to marina, it's about 3/4 of a mile.

KatrinaJ91
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
We walked the path along the river several times and it is a beautiful walk....about 10 - 15 minutes. The carriage is right outside the entrance to POR.

sndral
01-10-2010, 12:35 AM
If you are in building 7 @ POFQ the walk along the river is 10 mins max. If you are @ the opposite end of POFQ, say in bldg 1 add another 5-10 mins since you are on the far side from POR. From the lobby just walk by the pool and turn left @ the river to stroll on over to POR. As others have mentioned it is a very pleasant stroll.

#1donaldfan
01-10-2010, 08:08 AM
...maybe 15 minutes.....we usually walk from POR to the FQ for the beignets....once we get to the first bldg at the FQ (not sure of the number), we cut through there and sorta angle toward the main bldg....I wouldn't go to the boat dock and then toward POR, that's just extra walking....IMHO :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
01-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Once you get to POFQ you will see that it is not a huge resort and finding your way around is very easy. Just remember POR will be to your left hand side when leaving POFQ and once you are away from the buildings you really need to be walking along the riverside path. The path is a pleasant walk and is well paved and nice and wide. I can't recall any signage pointing the way to POR but we've never felt the need for elaborate directions between the 2 resorts. Also you will come to the area where the horse carriage departs before you would be entering the lobby if walking from the river walkway. Everyone is right with the 10 to 15 minute time. Hope this helps you but you will not get lost.:mickey:

Mendelson
01-11-2010, 04:05 PM
If you want to see it on a map go to google maps and enter "port orleans riverside." Do this on satellite view.

In google maps it still has the resort as one big resort (not the two separate entities) so the result you get (the "A") is actually over FQ. Follow with your eyes that river to the right of A up a bit....See that cluster of buildings up there where the river makes a loop? Scroll in just enough and you'll see it reading "Dixie Landings resort." This is POR, of course.

See the path along the river between the two?...you can just follow that. The path is harder to see on the POR side cause it's covered with trees. And yes, it even goes under Sassagoula Circle, the road you see there.

I love looking at WDW on google maps.