PDA

View Full Version : Cantina de San Angel refurb

seanyred
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
some how I missed the report that the CS resteraunt outiside of Mexico was going to have a major tear down.

To be honest I"m a little bummed because we enjoy their nacho's. Thankfully we ate there twice in November, I just wished the newer CS across the walkway had Nacho's too.

Anyone have any ideas were else to get good nachos?

DVC2004
01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I missed that report too! Is itb eing refurbished or going for good???

I don't know I hear there is a new place in DTD that serves "street food" of North and South America. the name escapes me. Maybe they have nachos? I, too,love the nachos at Cantina. Bummer!:(

seanyred
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I read and saw pictures elsewhere that it is all walled up for demolition. After being demolished a new restaurant and seating area will be built, with better views of the lagoon. Hope they bring the nachos back

ElenitaB
01-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't know I hear there is a new place in DTD that serves "street food" of North and South America. the name escapes me. Maybe they have nachos? I, too,love the nachos at Cantina. Bummer!:(
I think you're referring to Paradiso 37, located in the West Side of Downtown Disney. It offers "street foods" of North, Central and South America along with 50 types of tequila. Nachos aren't on the menu there but there are several other apps that might be of interest.

Gator
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I hope they refurb the food. It can't be too hard to make it taste better.

Tink#64
01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Oh my gosh! I hadn't read this either! When is this happening? That was on my list for lunch one of our Epcot days for our upcoming trip in June! Not so much for the food, but sitting outside looking out over the lagoon was fantastic! We loved the crazy wild birds that flew up & stole chips right off your table! I hate hearing this! I'm really bummed! I have some picky eaters, hard to please everybody at the same time in Epcot - :blush: - I know right! All that food in all those countries, but that's the problem! At least everybody was satisfied with the nachos at the Cantina for lunch! :(

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM

Laughed out loud on that one!:mickey:

slegrant
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Wow! I was just there and did not notice it being walled up, I was there until January 4th so maybe it happened after I left. We love the views of the lagoon:mickey:

seanyred
01-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Funny but disagree...the Nacho's there are good. Not the best in world but its become one of those stops we always do on our trips

Figment!
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
From Tidbits December 2009 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=165028)
It has been internally announced that Cantina de San Angel will close for major renovations January 4, 2010. An end date for the renovations has yet to be announced, but it has been announced that the new location will offer expanded seating and improved traffic flow through the adjacent promenade area. Although yet to be confirmed, Epcot Cast have also reported that the new location may include indoor seating. During the renovations a temporary kiosk, named Taqueria Del Lago, will be operating to offer Guests a Quick Service Mexican dining option.

The released menu for Taqueria Del Lago in mid-December 2009 is as follows:

Entrées

Taquitos $9.75
Tostadas de Pollo served with pico de gallo and guacamole $8.50
Chihuaha Cheese Quesadills $8.50
Guacamole with corne tortilla chips $5.50

Desserts

Churros $3.25
Flan $3.95

Beverages

Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Nestea Iced Tea $2.50
Dasani $2.50
Dos Equis Lager Draft Beer $7.50
Passion fruit margarita $8.99
Pina Colada $8.99

Crow
01-09-2010, 10:10 PM
too bad my gf likes taco bell. well hope we can get nachos etc in other places. and we will eat inside also at San Angel

kcrc
01-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I know others will disagree - this is just my opinion... but we ate there in December, and thought it was rather dreadful. I had the nachos, and the meat had no seasoning on it whatsoever. My kids both had the quesadilla platter. They ate the (very small) quesadilla, but could not even make it through the chips with cheese because the cheese sauce was just a cold, congealed mess. My husband had the chicken entree (don't remember the name). He said it was ok at best.

So, maybe they'll put a little spice back into the Mexican food?? :confused:

luvdiznee
01-10-2010, 03:07 PM
:confused:So...it is closed?....For now?...