PDA

View Full Version : Didn't call early enough for ADR.

redthread
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I should have know better....but I waited until today to make dinner reservations for our trip next month.

Chef Mickey's was booked the entire time we are there. I really wanted to take my son there. They did suggest calling back in case there was a canelation. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I did get reservations for the Crystal Palace and the Rainforrest Cafe.

:mickey:

Zippy 1
01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Try calling back daily until you leave. We did this for one of our trips and got a reservation 2 days before we left. Good luck

faline
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
On our last trip, we were traveling with a 2 year old and my sister-in-law really wanted to go to Chef Mickey's. She did get a reservation but at a time that would have taken up most of the day (late morning). I was able to get one for the next day at a better, though, not ideal time.

I tried periodically and, each time, it came back with no avaialability. 2-3 days before we left on our trip, I was able to get exactly the day and time I wanted! Keep trying - you might get in particularly if you're flexible with day and time!

kakn7294
01-08-2010, 02:52 PM
One of the best times to call is close to the date you want to eat. Sometimes people who have room-only reservations find that they don't have the money and cancel at the 5 day mark. Same for the 45 day mark with package reservations. And sometimes people who have reservations and are at the parks decide they don't want to go so they cancel. Hopefully you can find something that works for you. Good luck! And don't forget that you can also save yourself the phone call by checking online if your party is less than 8 people (or maybe it's 10 - I can't remember for sure).

BigThunderFan
01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
And don't forget to keep checking while you are there. Last time we went to the concierge desk in the lobby to try to fill our last ADR and there just happened to be a cancellation in two days for CRT. They all have openings at some point, you just have to be persistent and a little lucky on your timing. :thumbsup:

Gator
01-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Were you trying for breakfast at Chef Mickey's? If so, try getting into Donald's Breakfst Safari at Tusker House at the AK. It has the same characters, only Donald has the lead (which means nothing).

If you were trying for dinner, you might try Garden Grill at Epcot. It has Mickey and some other characters.

disneyfanfromoz
01-09-2010, 04:58 AM
We were at WDW for 21 nights and we could not get a breakfast or dinner ADR at CM for the entire time. I found it to be absolutely ridiculous that out of 44 available meals there was NOT ONE table. When we arrived we called daily and nothing! So on our third last day I said , this is ridiculous, we are going! So next morning, we got up, we were at CM's on opening for breakfast, in a long line.
I was all ready to go on to the CM that we didn't care how long we had to wait, we would wait but we wanted to dine at this restaurant before we went home to Australia :thumbsup:.

Well I didn't have to say anything, I just said, table for 3, we don't have an ADR. She just handed me a pager and told us to line up for the photo and 5 minutes later we were seated, in a half empty restaurant! Which was still half empty when we left. SO, there were no ADR's available when we called the night before, yet the restaurant was half empty and we had no trouble getting a table.

If you can not get one and really want one, I would say be there before opening and if you don't get in, have a plan b. But I am sure there are people out there who make ADRs and dont cancel them and don't turn up.

Good luck! :magic:

wdw_bound
01-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Keep trying. I'm taking DS in two weeks and have been checking online for the last two months. I just got a dinner ADR this morning.:mickey:

MushuGrl
01-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Like DisneyfanfromOz said, if you don't get your PS by phone, try going to CM's that morning. This happened to us once when we had an extra TS on our dining plan. We went to the restaurant that morning (this was during free dining as well) and got in fairly quickly!

redthread
01-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Thank you all! I called again this morning and was able to get a reservation for Monday at 8:10pm.

I may keep calling to see if I can eventually get one for Saturday night. On our last trip - 6 yrs ago - we hadn't made any ADR. We amazingly got into many restaurants without much wait (including Chef Mickey's). My husband said I had the magic touch that trip (he would say the lines too long or it's too crowded, but I still went up to check on a table).

Thanks again!!

Getting excited..only 31 more days :mickey:

thrillme
01-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I soooo wish they'd stop this whole ADR mess. At best only allow 24 hours prior to the desired dining time. I hate trying to figure out where and when to eat 6 months ahead of time. :mad: If you don't make ADR's you're out of luck. It really puts pressure in a vacation...having to schedule everything to the minute.

Back in the 90's you just went to the "globe" and got on a phone and placed your desired reservation THAT day.

I'm betting several people drop out but don't call...if you get there early you might be able to get on a waiting list. I've heard "rumors" that they're SUPPOSED to hold some tables for walk ups.