PDA

View Full Version : Cabins

yjgirl32
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Ok so it's sort of camping. I was wondering what the cabins are like? Also we will be driving down- are we able to park our car near our cabin? And what is this "resort" like? Meals, pool? Etc? Thanks very much.

faline
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
You'll be able to park your car right outside your front door.

The cabins are great! They have a full kitchen including refrigerator, oven, coffee maker, etc., a living room with a murphy bed, a full bathroom and another bedroom in the rear.

Each cabin is grouped in a loop. Each loop is like a mini-sub-division of separate homes.

There are internal buses so you can get around inside the campground and to the bus stops that get you to the parks etc. You can take the boat from the the Pioneer Hall area to the Magic Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge, and/or the Contemporary.

The pool was recently updated and I have not seen it yet.

There is a restaurant at Pioneer Hall as well as a lounge. The building for the dinner show - Hoop De Doo - is also located here. From this location, you're just a short walk to the stables where the working horses live and there is also a store in this general area. You'll find a playground and great rockers on the porch of Pioneer Hall.

Another shop is located in the center of the campground. In this vicinity is the area where you can rent canoes and/or bikes and is close to the area where the nightly movie is shown.

ibrowse17
01-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Having camped at FW many times, we tried the cabins on our last trip and loved them. The full kitchen was nice to have, as was the good sized bathroom. Also, as my DW takes a nap each day during our break from the parks, the seperate living room was nice for me to kick back in and watch TV without bothering her. We really enjoy FW, and the cabins were not a let down:thumbsup:

SueQ
01-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I loved the cabins when I stayed there. It was nice to have a full kitchen. Had coffee in the morning while getting ready, could cook some meals there and you could have drinks/snacks. We rented a golf cart to get around FW. We went just after Thankgiving so we could take the golf cart around and see all the Christmas decorations people had up at the cabin or campsite.

yjgirl32
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
We will by bypassing on the golf cart since there will be 6 of us. Unless we decide to get it while there. We like to camp and actually have a small pop-up camper, but wanted to try a cabin. I really appreciate everyones help and we are so looking forward to roasting
marshmallows with Chip n Dale.

TiggerCat
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow, the cabins sound great. Are you able to sit outside during the evening without getting eaten alive by mosquitoes?

TC.

kathiep
01-19-2010, 05:37 PM
We stayed in the cabins for the 1st time last August. We really can't say enough about it. It was terrific. We loved the extra space in the cabin. We found it to be clean and in great shape. We found the whole place to be a experience. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The only thing I can think of that could have been was the main pool. It was recently redone and while we did not see it prior, the pool seemed small and crowded for the size of the resort and was really nothing special. The resort pools at the moderates were far better IMO.