PDA

View Full Version : Favorite meal for large group

fabfundisney
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM
I've just found out that we will have an additional 8 family members joining us for our upcoming August trip. :grouphug: That will make it a grand gathering of 13 people! They've heard me brag about the dining plan in the past and want to try it out however, I think it will be really hard to make daily ADR's.

What are your favorite meals for large groups? What's the probability that we will be seated together? Has anyone had any positive experiences with large group dining?

ThanxForNoticin
01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
If you do a little planning (which you are doing by checking on Intercot!!), you can have a great time with group dinners. We've had the pleasure of doing a few trips with 20 or so folks.

Our best experiences have been with restaurants like 'OHana, Boma, T-Rex, and Portobello. Those are the places we were actually able to be seated all together. Other places will take our group, will tell us they cannot promise they won't split us up, but often they will go out of their way to keep us together. But with a group of 13, it is possible some places will put you at 2 tables near each other. Places where we've been split, but still were close enough to have a great time are Teppan Edo and Rainforest Cafe.

A buffet (like Boma) can work really well for a large group, since the food choices are so easy. 'OHana was also excellent (we've been there with a large group more than once) with their family-style approach to dining. They also have some really nice, larger tables.

Good luck. I'm not sure you'll be able to get a group dinner together every night of your trip, but you should be able to do it a few times. Hope you have a great time!

Georgesgirl1
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Biergarten is our favorite for a large family group. The food is great, they have plenty of large tables, and there is entertainment as well. We have also enjoy O'hana, and Whispering Canyon Cafe with our extended family.

bruin1344
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
The only restaurant I can remember going to with a large group was Teppan Edo before the name change, we had a good time there

ElenitaB
01-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Many venues can accomodate your large group. We've had the pleasure of dining with large groups of friends at 'Ohana, Boma and CP. Have fun planning!

Gator
01-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I'd go with Boma. Good food in a buffet setting, plus good atmosphere.