PDA

View Full Version : Parking at another resort

MushuGrl
01-08-2010, 09:54 AM
This MIGHT come up during our trip so I want to check it out first...

We're staying at CSR. We're thinking of getting up and driving to another resort for breakfast one morning.

Is it possible for us to just leave our car there, catch the bus to the parks, and come back later to fetch our car and head back to CSR? Or should we drive back to CSR first and THEN go to the parks?

Seasonscraps
01-08-2010, 09:59 AM
You should drive back to CSR or drive to the park after breakfast. Resort parking lots are for guests (staying or dining) of the resort and are not supposed to be used as an alternative parking at the parks.

Goofyjrzgrl
01-08-2010, 10:01 AM
I think the resort parking is reserved for resort guests but we've never had a problem leaving the car when we have ADR for that resort. Just don't forget where you left your car when you leave the park :thumbsup:

MushuGrl
01-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Thank you all for your help!!

LittleRoosMommy
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
We did this on our trip last month. We had a breakfast ADR at the Poly, so we parked there and then went to MK. DH went back to move the car over to the Ticket and Transportation Center, while he was there he started talking to the CM in the parking area. She told him it was fine to leave the car there until we were leaving MK for the day. So, he hopped back on the monorail to MK. When we got back to the Poly that night, the car was fine.

So, I think you should be fine leaving your car at another resort.

DVC2004
01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
It depends on the resort. Many times we have driven to the Poly for dinner and are given a parking pass with a 2 or 3 hour limit to place in the car's window.

Patricia
01-08-2010, 11:22 AM
More often than not, you'll be given a 3 hour parking pass at resort parking lots when you are visiting for meals or otherwise.

BigRedDad
01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Save yourself the pain. Pull up to the Valet, tell them you are having breakfast, and want to go directly to a park. The Valet will tell you there is no issue. It will cost you a little tip money, but it keeps you from having to go back to CSR or parking elsewhere. We have done this when we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's and Ohana's.

Polynesian Dweller
01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
The rule is you can park on a temporary pass for 2 to 3 hours. It's intended to allow people to visit the resort.

This WILL be more strictly enforced at the monorail resorts especially during busy periods and especially the Poly.

There was a time when they didn't and parking at the Poly could be a complete mess. People were parking there instead of paying for parking in the MK lot. Resort guests often had trouble getting parking themselves (the lot isn't very big).

That was one of the main reasons for the 3 hour policy. So, you should not count on being able to park at any other resort other than way you are staying and go to the parks. They may not be able to be lenient.

TammiMcMan
01-08-2010, 05:52 PM
We did this on our trip last month. We had a breakfast ADR at the Poly, so we parked there and then went to MK. DH went back to move the car over to the Ticket and Transportation Center, while he was there he started talking to the CM in the parking area. She told him it was fine to leave the car there until we were leaving MK for the day. So, he hopped back on the monorail to MK. When we got back to the Poly that night, the car was fine.

So, I think you should be fine leaving your car at another resort.Yikes :eek: you guys were very lucky and if that should happen again, I'd want something in writing from the CM before leaving the car. Once that 3 hour window is up on the parking pass, they are free to tow the vehicle and that definitely does happen, especially at the monorail resorts. My guess is that security is the one to make the call for the tow truck and not a CM. Just something that you might want to know for next time ;) .

kathiep
01-09-2010, 09:54 AM
If you're already up and out in your own car, why not just drive to the park you will be visiting that day?

That leaves parking at the resort for guests who are staying there and saves you the time of back tracking to your CSR.

r4kids
01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I was wondering about parking at DTD one day to shop a little, hit a park for a few hours then head back to DTD for some ice cream. We are staying off property but we are AP holders so we don't pay to park anyway. Will the car be ok for say 4-6 or so hours? We usually stay onsite but this trip is mostly to visit my sister while squeezing in some Disney time :)