PDA

View Full Version : ADR online?

fabfundisney
01-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I've seem to read that Disney now allows you to book your ADR's online. Is this true? Where do you go? Has anyone used this service and found it to be valuable? Or maybe the exact opposite...is it best to make reservations the good ol' fashioned way?

Strmchsr
01-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Yes, it's true. You go to the Disney World site and under the vacation planning section you'll see "dining" where it will allow you to make your reservations. If you're staying on site then you can enter your reservation number (even if you've booked through Magical Journeys) and do all of them together.

I've done it and it's okay. I've found the program to be rather buggy, though, and a lot of folks have had problems with the system. Until they get it all worked out I'll probably stick to the phone calls.

tmosier
01-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I've made dining reservations both ways and prefer to make ADRs online. There are two ways that I know of you can access the online ADR system. One is by clicking "Parks" and then "Walt Disney World." Hover over the "Book" tab and then click on "Dining Reservations." You can select the restaurant you want from the page that comes up. OR, you could access the ADR system directly from the particular restaurant's page. Either way, I find the online ADR system VERY easy to use.

Log on about 15 minutes before the system "opens for the new day" (or whatever it's called) which is 6am Eastern. I found I was able to get into the "new day" earlier than expected by 5-10 minutes which is awfully important when you're making a reservation at a popular place or during a busy time.

If you make ADRs over the phone, the call center doesn't open until 7am Eastern.

Hope this helps.

MicMouse
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Do you have to enter your resort reservation number? I made a few ADRs without my room reservation number (because I didn't have with me). Will that matter that those ADRs aren't tied to my room ressie??

Strmchsr
01-08-2010, 07:30 PM
No, that doesn't matter. Only an issue if you are trying to do the +10 thing.

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I love online ADR's, it takes less time. I just make some for our upcoming trip and didn't even have our room and airfare booked yet.

Have fun!:mickey:

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I love online ADR's, it takes less time. I just make some for our upcoming trip and didn't even have our room and airfare booked yet.

Which is kind of scary when you think about it-are people just making random ADR's just in case and then not cancelling them? Is this why Le Cellier is ALWAYS booked?

Gator
01-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Honestly, I prefer the human element of making the phone call. I don't get up early or anything like that. I just call when I wake up at a decent time and enjoy chatting with the CM taking the ressie. Just seems more Disney to me.

KODABEAR
01-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Like the on line reservations. Easy to change when needed.:cool:

CaptSmee
01-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Like the on line reservations. Easy to change when needed.:cool:

made all of mine without a problem for the 1st time in a long time! hopefully they continue to be so easy!:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
01-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Which is kind of scary when you think about it-are people just making random ADR's just in case and then not cancelling them? Is this why Le Cellier is ALWAYS booked?

I think it's scarier that it's harder to get a dinner reservation then a hotel room or flight.