PDA

View Full Version : Gett'n to Go...Dolphin

Rekenna
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Okay, so by some crazy lucky chance we may get to go to the world for ESPN the Weekend and better yet to the Dolphin! I never thought about staying there-it's really out of our price range, we usually stay at the values. We haven't booked it quite yet, still debating, but I found a really kick butt deal with hotel and airfare making it about the same price as a stay at a value.

So do any of you have any opinions / experiences with the Dolphin? :mickey:

Rekenna
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Sorry, this should probably be in the Accomodataions forum.

Kenny1113
01-07-2010, 09:03 PM
We really enjoyed the Hotel. We did not like the sushi resturaunt (kimonos I think). Our server was rude and insulting, and it was over priced ( we get better sushi at home for half the price).

Jenemmy
01-07-2010, 10:11 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin for the first time last April. We really, really enjoyed it! I was skeptical, since it isn't officially "DISNEY", but was really happy. In fact, it is now DH's favorite hotel. The rooms were very nice, the beds WONDERFUL and you just can't beat the location, IMO. :mickey:

Scar
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM
I've stayed at The Dolphin twice. :thumbsup:

Kimonos is in The Swan.

pox24
01-08-2010, 09:47 AM
We were pleasantly surprised when we stayed there. Although it doesn't carry the Disney charm it was nice. Our room was on the first floor corner facing the boat dock. We enjoyed the closeness to the Studios and Epcot. The only downside we had was dinner. We tried the buffet at the Swan hotel. I think it was the Garden Grove. It was the worst meal we ever had on WDW property. Don't fall for the theme nights there, it was truly disgusting.:ack:
Blue Zoo was good but very pricy. We did have great dinner at Shulas. Again very pricy, but worth it. I don't know if I would go again. We just can't give up the Disney hospitality.

Rekenna
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys! I know this isn't a very "Disney-esque" resort, but I don't think we have ever stayed in a hotel that is as nice as the Dolphin. We usually stay at the Values so it will be nice to be closer to the action of Ep, Boardwalk and DTD. I think I am more excited about the beds than anything-those doubles at the Values are awfully small. Hopefully it works out that we get to go. :mickey:

Jenemmy
01-08-2010, 03:02 PM
OH -- forgot to mention that we really enjoyed the grotto pool and beach area as well. Very nice. It is true that there isn't Disney theming per say, but at the same time, it does not have the feel of a stuffy, generic hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

bxrluv
01-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Did you book yet because I just called for March and both are booked and the days that are open do not allow the discount I had.:(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-08-2010, 09:41 PM
You'll never want to go back to a value again once you get used to the location at the Dolphin.
The beds truly are heavenly. I love the Swan & Dolphin but we usually stay at the Dolphin. You can use the facilities at both resorts. Picabu is great to grab something quick to eat.

Rekenna
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
You'll never want to go back to a value again once you get used to the location at the Dolphin.

That's what I'm afraid of! I booked last night and am really excited to be staying there. We usually stay at the Values (which are great), but it's nice to have a little luxury-even though WDW is a luxury unto itstelf.

Have fun!:mickey: