PDA

View Full Version : Peak Season?

BigRedDad
01-07-2010, 02:24 PM
I am going the week of March 6-14. This is considered "peak" season by WDW. However, I just looked at the park hours. The parks close relatively early and there are only 3 evening and 4 morning EMH's over those 8-nights. To me, something is just not jiving. :confused: How can it be considered "peak" season with the parks closing early and very few EMH's?

DizneyRox
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Look at the July hours. Most nights MGM appears to close at 8pm, it's not even dark at 8pm! MK is open the latest and many times that's closed at 10.

I've got to think that they are just core hours and will be revised substantially as the dates approach.

Peak might just be a reference to the cost of visiting, not the value...

BrerGnat
01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
It's considered "peak" due to the numbers of people who historically visit during that time, due to spring break. Since, for a large number of people, vacations have to jive with school schedules, Disney sort of can manage to "gotcha" with the insane resort prices.

However, you are visiting during a week where you can take advantage of current discount offers, so you are spared the high price tag. You can expect larger crowds, though, that is a fact!

We're going at the end of March/early April too. Wish we could push it back a couple weeks into later April, but no can do. We'll work with it.

As for the park hours, they might change, but don't count on it. They will extend them if there is a significantly larger than expected crowd. However, I know that they have already estimated very late park hours for the time of our visit, as it's the week before Easter. Lots of EMH (both am and pm) and several days where MK is open until 11pm, AK until 7 or 8pm, etc.