PDA

View Full Version : Hershey Lodge vs. Hotel Hershey

rjmdds
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi. We will be visiting Hershey this summer and I am trying to decide between these two hotels. Can anyone give be some pro's and con's of each. How far is The Lodge from the Park?

Scar
01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I have stayed at The Lodge, but not The Hotel. The Lodge is only a few miles from the park, five minutes by complementary shuttle bus. I think The Hotel is across the street from the park. If you can aford it, stay at The Hotel. I mean, it's a lot more expensive so it should be a lot nicer right? :shrug: But I thought The Lodge was very nice. Rooms were big and clean, good restaurant, miniature golf.

And I will add my customery advice of visiting Gettysburg while you are there.

tinksmom02
01-07-2010, 12:44 PM
The Hotel is closer to the parks than the Lodge, but I don't think by much. You still have to drive (or take a bus) from either one.

We've never stayed at the Hotel, but I had a wonderful spa treatment there a few years back. It's a very nice place, but we've stayed at and really like the Lodge. I would only stay at the Hotel if I were to get some insane special price for it--and what are the odds of that?

If you decide to research 'off-site' places, avoid the Hershey Best Western at all costs.

kathiep
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I found both hotels too expensive for what we were looking for. We actually had a package deal for the hotels last spring that they advertised as their "bail out specials" but when I started looking around at off site places, I just could not justify the price.

We ended up at the Hampton Inn in Hershey and were completely pleased. Getting around town was not a problem and I think the hotel was less than 3 miles from the park entrance.