PDA

View Full Version : Our Very Merry Christmas Adventure Day 5

LittleRoosMommy
01-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, this morning we got up and headed over to Hollywood Studios after a quick breakfast in our Villa. DH & I had a plan... head straight to TSM... I get in line w/ DDs while DH gets FPs for later. Boy am I glad we did this!! We waited in line about 25min... the line topped at 2 1/2 hrs by the afternoon!! Good plan DH!!

While we were standing in line, I checked out the times for various shows that DDs wanted to see. DH took the girls to get their pictures taken in the Jim Carrey cut-out for A Christmas Carol. All of a sudden I hear someone yell his name... I turn around to see who he's talking to and it's a friend of ours from residency that we haven't seen in about 6 yrs!! How crazy is that, especially with the crowds we've been experiencing all week. Apparently, she saw us on Sunday at Epcot, but didn't get a chance to talk to us. So, we chatted w/ her for a few minutes while we waited in line.

DDs LOVED TSM!!!!!! DD3 asked if she could ride it "again and again Mommy!" So, then it was time for Playhouse Disney. It never fails to entertain everyone! Although, this time DD5 (she'll be 6 next month) was not quite as into it as years past.:( I guess we're starting to outgrow this one with her! It makes me a little sad... I remember her first visit when she was barely 15-months old and the way she just lit up when she saw the show and the way she danced to the songs, etc. I guess another milestone was met on this trip. Oh well!

After this we head over to VofLM. DD3 decided that she didn't want to see this one, so DH took her to walk around while DD5 and I did this. While in the waiting area, we were standing next to a family of 4... the Mom & Dad were feverishly reading a guide book and discussing what to do next to make their day even better. They were angling to get a good seat and discussing whether to sit near the front or back, etc. Their girls were older than mine, but DD5 was intrigued by them and started talking w/ them. They were all wearing their Minnie Santa hats and that was all it took for the girls to strike up a conversation. It was apparently their first trip, so DD5 thought she should give them some "advice", being the disney veteran that she is (4th trip to WDW, w/ a trip to DL thrown in) LOL Well, we said our goodbyes, etc and went into the theater... we ended up sitting in the row behind them. I have seen this show so many times and enjoy it everytime. But, I enjoyed it more so this time because I saw it again through their eyes! To witness someone seeing Disney for the first time is always amazing to me, even if they are strangers. It brought a smile to my face, to see the Dad w/ a huge grin on his face, watching in amazement at the puppetry and dancing. Then leaning in to hear what his youngest daughter was trying to say to him and seeing the pure joy on their faces experiencing this together for the first time! It is something that I won't forget... it was so refreshing to see and is what I love so much about Disney!

Next, we caught the tail-end of HSM3. We have seen this multiple times as well, but DD5 had to see it one more time. I have to say though, I don't like the stage as a permament fixture in front of the Sorcerer's hat! It really takes away from the view that you had as you were walking towards it from the park entrance. Oh well, I'm sure as the HSM hysteria dies down, this will go away as well.

Then it was off to lunch at 50s Prime Time... a first for us. I had not told DH what to expect, so he and DDs were completely surprised by the goings on! LOL Auntie Donna promptly came to our table handed DDs the napkins and silverware and told them to set the table. They were so taken aback that they did it without even questioning! LOL Then DH got a strike for his elbows on the table! The girls thought this was hysterical! DD3 got into it so much that she was yelling at DH for his elbows. They had so much fun watching the dad at the next table get a time out and have to sing "I'm a Little Teapot!" Too funny! DH thought it was funny until DD3 caught him for the 3rd time w/ his elbows on the table with Auntie Donna in earshot! Uh-oh! DH had to stand w/ his hands behind his back and his nose on the wall while all the kids and adults shook their fingers at him and said "shame, shame, shame!" Hysterical!! DD3 was so good that Auntie Donna had her go to her new table to help go over the rules... surprisingly she went and told them "No elbows on the table" Too cute! Auntie Donna then gave her a certificate for being a helper! Oh, the food was delicious too! Will definitely go back here!

We wandered around for a little while, then the girls wanted to see the Block Party Bash, so we sat for that. Got their faces painted, danced w/ the characters during the Block Party. Then DH & DD5 went on Star Tours while DD3 & I took a break. DDs decided they wanted to go meet the characters from UP, so off to Animation Studios we went. Waited for about 30 min or so to see Doug and Mr. Frederickson. The wait for Sorcerer Mickey was about 90min! Saw The Incredibles too!

Then it was off to see Beauty & The Beast! Always a good show. Nice to see that they had changed it up a little! DD5 even noticed the changes since we were last there in Oct. 08! Then we decided to head over to see The Osbourne Family Lights.

We actually got there before they had lit them! DH got pizza for the girls, so we sat on the street, eating pizza when the lights came on and the snow came down! DDs were so amazed at how many lights there were and that it was snowing in FL! We had a great time watching the lights dance! We spent some time looking for the hidden Mickey's in the lights! Great fun for everyone!

It was starting to get really crowded, not that it hadn't been all day, but the girls were getting tired. So, we decided to call it a day. As we were walking past AI, we stopped to watch the Finale, which was being shown on the Big Screen. Then it was off to the car and home within a few minutes.

Next up: Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney

retiredfigment
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I love reading these reports. First it reminds me of my trips and second, I can almost hear the laughs and see the joy on the faces of your girls. Makes me want to go 'home'. :mickey:

princessgirls
01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
A Wonderful day in the Studios!!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

faline
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
What a wonderful day! I love the details you include in your report - like watching the family enjoy a show for the first time!

Your lunch was great fun!

Disney4us2
01-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Sounds like a great day. This trips sound like a dream so far.

I LOVE Block Party Bash. I wish it didn't leave DCA. We watched it countless times and followed them collecting all the bash balls that were shot off during the show.

pdrlkr
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the Report! :tree:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Sounds great

vizsla
01-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
01-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Your description of your daughter trying to share her Disney expertise, as well as your enjoyment at a family's first experience, was a nice one.

Although I've been trying to convince DH that we should try 50's PT, he isn't giving in. I think he's heard too many things about what your DH went through . . . and while a bit of razzing is ok at Whispering Canyon, he's really not interested in being the "Little Teapot" entertainment of the day! :D

DHS is one of my sentimental favorites - I'm glad you enjoyed your day - and were able to see the Osborne Lights!

Thanks for sharing another great one! :mickey: