PDA

View Full Version : "Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now"

DisneyPrincess21
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Sorry to steal lyrics from the Clash, but that is my question. I have the opportunity to go back on a short trip to Disney, i was just there in December but that trip didnt go so well :(
So i was thrilled when i found out i would be able to make a return trip soon, but my decision is when exactly i should go.*
Originally i had decided on the end of feburary, because it's soon and i have a 30% off pin code. My other choices are end of may (i will be out of college by then so i wont have to do any work ahead of time like if i go in feb) it will also be cheaper in may and i have a 30%off pin code. My last choice would be the third week of June for my birthday, i know it will be crowded and insanely hot, but i have always wanted to be at wdw for my birthday, i have a 20% off pin code for that time, it will be the most expensive choice out of all 3, but i will get to be at wdw for my birthday.

One reason i want to go in feb is because it is soon, one reason i dont want to go in feb is because i am dreading the 16hr car ride so soon after getting back.
One reason i want to wait till may or june is because i will have more time to save money and i wont be in school at the time, plus i might be able to handle the idea of the car ride by then. One reason i dont want to wait is because i am anxious to get back to wdw and make up for the bad trip i had in december, plus who knows what will be going on by may or june that might ruin my plans.

I am torn and dont know what to do, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. No matter when i go, it will still be the same length of time at wdw.

tys_mommy
01-07-2010, 08:02 AM
If you can afford it go on your birthday - no sense in having a regret of not being there when you could have.

Joannelet
01-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear that your trip in December didn't go so well :( I was there the same time as you. I hope you were okay!
I'd go when the BEST time for you is. With school it can be tough and makes it more stressful with studying, school work etc., so you may want to go when you don't have any school stress to worry about like in June for your birthday.

fabfundisney
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
If your only reason for going in Feb is that you can't wait to get back, I would wait until May/June. I say this because as you mentioned, you will have more time to save and gear yourself up for the ride which may make all the difference in making this trip better than December's.

I've been there during the summer heat and I have to say, it was not unbearable. The lines were manageable provided you utilize fast pass for the more popular rides such as Soaring, Test track, etc. The planning can continue if you wait a little longer which only means your worrying about every day events (school, money, etc) will decrease and your anticipation and excitement can increase!!! Good Luck!

Disney4us2
01-07-2010, 12:47 PM
No matter when you go, I hope you have a great trip.

Celebrating a birthday at a Disney Park (either East Coast or West Coast) is so very special. As the other posters have mentioned, it will give you more time between trips. You also won't have to worry about missing school.

P.S. Hope your back problem has cleared. I am in the same boat with back pain. It sure is no fun.

Scar
01-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Go in February, blow off school, and stay 'till your birthday.

DisneyPrincess21
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Go in February, blow off school, and stay 'till your birthday.

That sounds awesome! LOL i pick your suggestion! ;) Your gonna pay for my 4 months of hotel bill right? I was gonna stay in a value resort but since you are so generiously offering i will take an upgrade to the Poly please! J/k :D

P.S. Hope your back problem has cleared. I am in the same boat with back pain. It sure is no fun.

Thanks. That is one other reason why i want to wait is because my back is still in pain alot and i am hoping by may, it will give me time to try and work on getting my back problems straightened out.

It looks like we are probably leaning more towards May, because if we go in may we can leave my dogs at home with my dad, but if we go in feb we have to take them. So it is cheaper also because we wont have to pay for the kennel and we wont have to pay the pet fees at the hotels on the trip. Plus we wont have to go to the kennel to let them out 3 times a day, that's a real pain.

Scar
01-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Your gonna pay for my 4 months of hotel bill right? Did you pay your tutiton yet? Use that money. If paid, can you get a refund? ;)

DisneyPrincess21
01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Did you pay your tutiton yet? Use that money. If paid, can you get a refund? ;)
:old: